How'd it go today?

Took down a rather large water oak today, as well as climbed, topped and dropped three gums and a maple, along with flopping a few smaller trees. T'was terribly hot!

Then, got around to putting new drive motors in the Ramrod. What a pain! They're in now, just gotta put the spline bushing in the crankshaft and reinstall the engine.

He bought them from Motion Industries through my connection. IIRC, his motors had a tag on them and he ordered identical replacements, around $364+tax each.

I'll probably be doing the same once I get the reserves built up a bit.

Yep, mine had tags. Char-Lynn 105-1060-006. They are in the 2000 series of Char-Lynn motors. They also have an identical size motor that has more torque/less speed that I am considering for the other mini. The motors on it are CL 105-1007-006, which have more speed/less torque. I'd rather have the torque, though I might be pleasantly surprised once I get mine going, as it had a good bit of bypass in the motors. I won't know how to act when it goes when I say go.....

Not sure, the guy I bought it from said it only had 39 hours on it. However, it was missing the hood as well as the bottom panel covering the motors, and though it had plenty of lift power, it lacked quite a bit in drive power. After the fluid got hot, sometimes it would barely climb the ramps. Musta been a rough 39 hours!

Thing is, he was from Delaware and claimed the machine was one-owner (him), but it had this mysterious sticker with the name of a lawn care company from Florida. :/:

Day went goofy on me today. I was supposed to go back and work some more on that mile long driveway. Slash and chip as we thin out bunches of live oak and storm damage cleanup. Three houses up there and the lady's son that has been cutting weeds has been falling behind. Pretty typical for HOs up here that buy small cc units. They get in some really thick nasty grasses and get frustrated and it takes them 2X longer without the power. So we bailed him out today. Out 200 feet from the structure 3 sides. Son has 1/2 of the easy side done ;) If the rain holds off tomorrow, we'll finish that for him too :lol:
So knowing I had some thick nasty grass on the side of a steep slope, I had an FS 250 to now fix this morning instead of Sunday. Pulled the shaft and it was pretty much round instead of square. The clutch bell and rive plate are a tad wallowed out as well, so I will pull one of those this weekend and slide it in as well. New shaft and we were on our way. 10 min fix Whew!
Came home to a check for the other half of a removal bill that was outstanding, and the New Tribe gallivanting WC saddle. :D
Seems I am going to have a busy weekend :)

B, I've got 1753 hours on mine, I think they are starting to seep, especially when it's good and hot. It wont turn the tires when digging, but I don't know if that is the engine down on power or the pumps starting to go? Either way, both need rebuilt soon.
Guess I'll do a thread on how to rebuild these motors, it will surprise you how simple they really are.

I figured they'd had to be good to 1000++, just preparing for the future I guess. I'd really like to get that bigger boxer 427W some day, but I'd surely have to change out the controls, and the Thomas owes me nothing. :)

I had a good day today. Had a job for my buddy looming, so knocked that out for him. Quick hundy, then did a job down the street quick for his buddy, quick two hundy for that. Dropped the chipper at my parents, then went to my house and met Ashly and we made a nice planting bed underneath a Jap Maple. Edged, split and planted some Hosta, and mulched. Looked very nice.

Bagged a nice job on the way home, and here I am.

Pretty productive day; finally finished the 12 x 14 office addition, and now I can start moving things back in there and setting up. 252958_192103460841031_100001241358399_594205_2106771_n.jpg 247509_192104630840914_100001241358399_594208_1881888_n.jpg 252646_192103497507694_100001241358399_594206_5800315_n.jpg

It'll double as my "ham" room. Just got to run all the antenna lines in tomorrow.

Looks nice, but you need a much better chair if you're going to spend more than 20 minutes at a time at the computer and/or radio. Believe it or not, I've found the $150-200 leather executive chairs from Staples or Office Depot (made in China) to be quite comfortable and they will hold up well for several years before showing any significant wear.

Are you going to leave the AC power cord like that?

Back