Good Morning!

You know it.. Rob just chased me around with axe, wedges, gas, oil, pulling bag ad rope. I would set the line and get to cutting on the hard ones, wedge over the marginal. Run man run!

Cut 'n run is the best!

As a discussion, what do you guys think on average percentage of the value of climbing work/ felling work versus value of the disposal? I would suspect pruning and removal are two different things. There is much less risk in cleanup, but sometimes way more work and equipment needed.

This morning is chaos. We all woke up a bit late and my wife thought the appointment was a half hour later than it was. So run around, get kids fed , dressed, and out the door. Now here I sit while wifey looks at a thousand "different" pictures that all look the same to me.

Have fun!

Trying to decide if I feel like wrecking an Ash or two today. Guess I'll check to see if someone will be around to watch from the ground and go from there...

As a discussion, what do you guys think on average percentage of the value of climbing work/ felling work versus value of the disposal? I would suspect pruning and removal are two different things. There is much less risk in cleanup, but sometimes way more work and equipment needed.

All depends on the particular job. To many variables. A rough guess? 50/50.

A good question and impossible to answer.

But my take on it is if you want to make a living you can climb, cut and leave, if you really want to make money you've got to clear the stuff away.
Climbing and dismantling is relatively easy for anyone experienced. What people really dig deep for is getting rid of stuff.
Trucks, chippers, loaders those are the babies that give you a nice retirement.
(Imo)

:coffee2: fixing to head out and wreck an unseen tree. Going loaded for bear; don't know what we'll run into.

Looking forward to meeting Wally/Reddog in person today.

Still windy as all get out here and I imagine they are clearing roads this am. Another good errand day. I got a lot of "errands" done yesterday :/:
Might have to stop by the barber shop today

Tried icing my swollen hand last night. quite a bit bigger this am, but have a little better range of motion as long as I don't use the knuckles closest to the palm.

A neighbor called and is coming over "to look at" the wood I have sitting around. I'm kind of beat up/sore from climbing the last couple days and hope he isn't planning on me loading him up today.

I'll take all comers. Man the roads are slick. When my 3ton is slipping around with studded tires it's treacherous out.

It's not me I'm worried about. It's everyone else they let drive around. Maroons!

Off sanding again this morning. Easy money.

Band rehearsal today. Hand is still stiff but swelling has gone down a little bit...we'll see.

Good luck with the hand Dave.

I could only sand my higher elevation sites today. Just above freezing everywhere else, and no ice.

Thanks Justin, Same to you.

It's not too bad for playing as I don't have to open and close it all that much. Just some chord positions I need to play partially or avoid when I can.

Went to breakfast at the local spot this am and had a good time chatting & joking with the waitress and an older couple I sort of know from childhood. When I was leaving I find out they had already paid for my meal when they left.8)

Nice surprise to start the day.

It is hard to pay for a check up here. It is almost a competitive sport to see who can get the check first or who can buy someone else's meal. Or beer. One sure way to drink for cheap is to walk into the bar any yell "timber!". The buy-backs are crazy!

Back