Good Morning!

FINALLY drinking my second cup of coffee! Kids have been on me the moment I had my eyes barely open. Just finished their breakfast cooking and my eyes are just starting to focus.
Late start today as we have to wait until 10 am before we show up at a B&B. Noise starts at 10:30. Butchering a black walnut.

Good morning, a little humour for ya, copied from a Google+ post on my feed:

Worst online ad yet

We've all seen the idiotically exaggerated ads online for growing or shrinking various body parts or for looking younger. This one caught my eye today, if only because it was so far over the top.

Really. You can spend 90 years chain-smoking in the unforgiving Arizona sun, then for 3 dollars transform your leathery visage into the face of a 15-year-old Czechoslovakian supermodel who bathes in sheep milk. Really.

Gimme a break, dudes.

Saw it here: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/post/2011/09/a-pretty-cool-facebook-app/1

adlies.jpg

Today is the day!! Our youngest daughter is getting married! Rehearsal dinner was last night and went great! We met his side of the family and all I can say is she is a lucky girl!!

Today's a Mcday off, so I'm gonna trim a couple of oaks in Chennyville today with my buddy Mike. All bucket work, supposedly. I can dig it!

Toms' skid loader took a fit on him .Damned thing won't start .Most likely the seat belt safety circuit .In off to fix the thing here in a couple minutes .

O'dark thirty here in the flat lands .Todays agenda is a couple of nice ash trees ,dead of course . Both are 90-100 feet with at least 60 feet of clear log ,one would be good enough for veneer . Both are tad over two feet in diameter .

Yesterday I cleaned up a few other ash but left the stumps on two to rig off of because I have a big dead white oak to drop .That one will be a double pull line with a pulley in the tree to get a 2 to one reduction . I've procrastinated on that thing way too long .Time to get-er-done .

Today's a day off from Burger Town, so I'll be wearing my tree surgeons hat for some live oak trimming - sweet! And it's gonna be a beautiful day - another plus!

Also, I had a 'lil bonus on my check today; it's seems like we earned a bonus from the high score we received on an inspection we just went through. Hell, I didn't see that coming - it kinda makes all the BS worth it!

themcrib.png

Go Willie! I'm off to the sheller and a couple of tree bids after work. The tail lights, instrument lights, key buzzer, and clearance lights aren't working on my flatbed. I replaced the light switch and it still doesn't work.

Back