Good Morning!

Really! I'm getting lost time until I recieve the check though so it's not a total loss, there will be other deals. I still haven't decided what direction I'm going equipment wise for my next "big" purchase even if I knew what the insurance is doing.

With another truck towing. 30 yards of chip capacity in the goose, chip or load logs, whichever is the better choice for the given job. Got work stacking up as well, not a bad thing, yet.

I get stressed when the work starts piling and I can't do it. I like to have things done in a timely fashion just out of ethic. A week of snow or rain really takes it's toll on my nerves. :lol:

Well, I'm off to do an electrical consult with a contractor at the "mansion." Afterwards, if it clears up, I'm either playing a gardener or pool boy... so where's my sombrero and banana hammock. :D

Another glorious day on the way.

Just looked at a job, headed out to take the split leader off the roof. Nice and chilly out there, cold crisp air.

Got a lot to do today.

Have a good one!

Another bitter morning.

We're taking down a dead White Pine today, drop zone about 10x10, around a greenhouse, and a slew of crazy trees and shrubs as the guy is a plant freak. The lift looked like it's going to be awfully short next to it at 75'.

The plant freaks around here are willing to pay what it costs to take a tree down without harming the scrubs and stuff.
Most others just tell us to go ahead and do a Murphy in order to save some money!

Well, he is kinda rough on the surrounding foliage, so I thought it a fitting term:D

It went well.

I was able to sneak the lift in close enough, and fish poled the dead tops to avoid cracking and smashing everything. We used 4 barrels, plywood, and a tire to cover everything in the area. Went off without a hitch, and the greenhouse was a perfect spot for lunch!

Just got home, I tore my bicep about 15 minutes into the job and couldn't even restart my chainsaw. Anybody done this before? The 100 lb log I was cutting hung at the last second and I had to catch/push it real quick to keep it from landing end first on the asphalt driveway. I felt two distinct pops. It only hurts when using it in certain directions, rolling up the window was fun because I'd get the handle cranked 3/4 of the way around and couldn't turn it any more.

Back