Good Morning!

As it should be. My dogs are for security as well as companionship. I don't like dogs barking for no reason. When my dogs bark I get up and check things out, nothing around and they get a scolding. Rarely do they bark at nothing.

Way to go!
That is what dogs were for, originally.
Most dog owners have forgot, unfortunately!

We have 1.15 dogs, too many cats to count and 2 birds. Hmmmm, what does that say about us?

Don't answer that!
Well off shortly to go swathing, again!
Ya better go buy your flower and pasta, the grain quality is the "lid"!

Nice cool morning. Just looked at a small job, got the OK. Funny how I didn't get a call for work the last two weeks, and the last two days got about 6. I think they want the fall cleanup with the tree removal.

Contemplating putting on the e-brake hardware kit on the Ford this morning. PITA though, gotta pull the axle shafts to get at the "In hat" parking brake. Wish they had an aftermarket t-case mounted drive line brake for these trucks.

Sounds like how mine is about to begin Brendon. Muffler fell off and I ran over it Friday. Bought another one and I will be putting that on today. Asked the mechanic working on my truck the other day to weld both of them on for me while he had the truck, I guess he missed that one. DOH!
Put a new clutch master and slave in Wyatt's Datsun and I have one more hose to replace. NAPA has no idea what I am talking about as their parts book/computer does not show a hose. So I need to pull it and see if we can match a brake line or something to it. I also have to take Wyatt to work so I can pick up the parts on my way home. :P
Kat has to work again today so I will have the kids, Should be fun.. Lilly got under the truck yesterday while I was working on it and tried to rinse her head as I was draining brake fluid.. :lol:
I about had to hose her and Levi off before they came back in the house between the grease from helping daddy and the mud from the pies they made :lol:

Really?

I have one on my Toyota, as I went to disk brakes in the rear. Even though it's a lightweight truck it's sweet IMO.

We have on on the Kodiak at work too. Holds the truck, bandit 250, and a load of chip on every hill we've parked it on. And I don't live in the flats either.

They hold till the first time a guy drives thru them. Never liked them. The are a single small brake with the tires "leverage" against them as opposed to two larger brakes. Just my nosey opinion:?D

The tires aren't leveraged against them in a conventional sense. The gears in the axle decrease the torque required to hold the load by the gear ratio plus friction.

Old driveline brakes sucked, weren't adjustable for spit, "driving through" them toasted them tootsweet. Now you can get a mechanical caliper on a disc and have easy to service brakeage.

That's what mine is, and work. Caliper and disc. I am unfamiliar with the oldies.

Here's the Toyota one on my truck.

parkingbrake-400.jpg

Never seen that new critter. The old ones were a nuisance, drop the driveline, beat the drum off, full of rust

I have the local guys beat my drums off the back of the truck.. They can have that job! :lol:

Sipping coffee and trying to wake up. Kids are all awake and LOUD.. No sleeping in for daddy today. Guess I will go run a cord of wood I been promising to do.

If the drums are stuck on the hub some heat takes them off without any beating. If they are hanging on the shoes backing off the adjuster does it. Drum brakes are a bit of a pain. Big trucks you have to deal with bearings and seals. What's your method for handling the drum and hub Steve?

My bucket has disc brakes front and back. I just replaced the rear pads. The drum I was refering to was the driveline e-brake. It came off really easy. I had an old '73 C60 chevy and I did the brakes on it one time. I had to remove the drum and on the fronts the hub and drum were all one thing. I replaced and packed the front wheel bearings and the seal also. I can't remember anything about the rear ones. I do remember thinking that I was in over my head and that I should have taken it to the brake place.

Wow Steve, sounds like a good setup, I have S cams like most big trucks except mine are juice brakes

Back