Good Morning!

I would of thought so but they understand my position and weren't partying, at least not till they cashed the check!

Wow,

It's 42 outside right now, still laying here dreading getting up.

Medium sized Maple TD this morning. In a tight spot. Few larger limbs to stand up with the GRCS. Getting an early start, be there at 6:30, taking my lady out for her birthday tonight. Hope the day goes smooth. Talk to ya'll later!

...after all the excessive heat this season , I am actually getting more real work done now ... I love hoody sweatshirt weather ...Trimming and a small removal at my best client's place the next few days ...Happy

We are up to 43 right now. It was 35 at 6:30. Feeeeels good. Supposed to be 70 this afternoon.

...after all the excessive heat this season , I am actually getting more real work done now ... I love hoody sweatshirt weather ...Trimming and a small removal at my best client's place the next few days ...Happy

Hoody season rocks :dude:

I think I'm going property hunting today. I am going to scout a couple areas off the beaten path but very close and accessible to major crossroads. I'd love to find a small piece of property for a small house and a big shop, preferably in foreclosure and available very cheap.

I like a well lit shop. Very nice Jay.

Good luck Brian. Be sure to listen for yapping dogs.

I have had a leaky hose on my boom for a couple of days and we removed it and when I went to get a replacement the place where I go didn't have any of the fittings. They are supposed to get them in this morning. My pickup is also supposed to be done at the tranny place this morning.

I just got home, been driving around all day looking for houses. I found two, although one of them doesn't have as much privacy as I'd like. I'd probably have to put in one of those huge bus sized carports to keep the bucket truck out of sight, and the house is probably too expensive anyway. And it's on a small lake so the price will be much higher I'm sure.

The last house I looked at isn't in a great neighborhood but not any worse than where I'm at. The house is much older, built in 1946 but I don't care about that. It's the last house on the street with a vacant lot on one side and a huuuuuuge back yard behind a big double gate. Plenty of room for parking and building a nice shop. It's only a couple blocks off a major road with easy access in several directions. It's 10-15 minutes from the majority of my customer base.

I will have to see how early the concrete plant a block away fires up in the morning. That could put a damper on the deal.

Plan on the concrete plant going at 4-5am Brian. I've had deliveries at 6am in the summer time, and have had to call in at 5am to dispatch to confirm. Just a little FYI.

I'm taking today as a rest day. Only gonna climb two trees, and a bid or two. First will be nice. Large doug-fir, 4'+ DBH, that I've been in before, a few years ago. Have to get a broken limb from over the deck. Second one should be a simple locust take down for a resort that is having construction done. They need to swing in a septic tank.

Brian, the house you want to buy isn't for sale today. The ones for sale are either overpriced, under contract with someone else, or not worth buying because of condition (or they would also be under contract).

I've had the best luck working with a Realtor that knows what I'm looking for. If you can be the first person to go look at a "new" listing (even before they put the sign in the yard) you have the best chance of getting what you want for the price you can afford.

Just my .02

Your advice is probably accurate for the average Joe with 2.3 kids looking for a home for his family, but in my area there are empty houses everywhere right now and what I want isn't what everybody else wants. I want a place I can work out of that also has enough space for me to live. I'm looking for location and the ability to park my truck in the back yard without having a code enforcement officer coming and putting a notice on my door. I don't want neighbors, I want privacy and to be left alone. And the smaller the house, the better. Just so long as there's room for me to build my shop. And I'm in no hurry, just window shopping right now. I'm stopping to look every time I see a 'dead end' street sign.

I just found out that the second house above was already bank approved for a short sale at $79K but the buyers backed out after their financing fell through. And searching the address on Google brings up some reviews of the electrical company located at that address as well as a bunch of Realtor listings, all using the same 10 pictures. Looks like it was recently remodeled before the bottom fell out of the market. Last sale was in 2006 when it was worth about $200K.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNEoMMo5364f6VJDcZgxXf8jIi4nhA&cad=rja

Back