Good Morning!

Drift_boat_aka_Mckenzie_River_dory.jpg

White water row boat:)

Ahh boats!
I've been in them up to my neck since I got married...moved onto a boat as our first home...sailed it to many far and diverse places.

Use a little one every day, or more precisely, the days I go ashore to the mainland...to work!

Our saying was "A boat starts to sink from the day you launch it, the more money you spend on it the longer it takes."

As for coffee, only perked will do, instant is for emergencies!

I used to frequently row across the Tomales bay in N. California to look at the pretty opium poppies I knew were growing at a place. Stayed away from the mouth though, sleeper waves were common and man eaters out there. I love boats... Building wooden ones is a fine occupation.

That's one cool 'lil vessel, Willie. A person can actually safely white water raft in one of those? Sweet.

Heck yeah, class 3 and 3+ all day long. The way they are shaped you can stop in tiny dead water pockets in the middle of a rapid with just a few oar strokes. You can row back upstream and fish the same hole multiple times in alot of places.

This is on my local river and is the place you are most likly to die on the Rogue, Blossom bar, class 4. This shows you how the current will run under the boat and you can work back and forth across the current. The chute on the right of your screen is called the picket fence, it's a raft eater

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iA5nIZDSPbs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iA5nIZDSPbs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

There's been an aluminum drift boat for sale near me for some time. I'll check the price next time I go by.

College football kicks off this weekend! Tonight is dinner & a movie with the team. Tomorrow will be breakfast, team meetings, pre-game meal, & then a trip to the stadium. Boomer-Sooner!

Depends on options, 5-10K gets you nice boats. Those willie boats hold their resale well. My budget is considerably less!

Good morning everyone.. Coffee is ready :D

Getting woke up for more brushing and chippin today :P

Fair weekend starts today .. I am so not ready. Kids and Katy are are going to be running back and forth to the Fairgrounds alll weekend :P

Looks like a gorgeous day ahead. Currently burning some pallets in a barrel, gotta find an oil tank to cut in half for a real fire. Hoping on a mountain bike ride later, and just hannnnging out.

Mornin all....

Had two more calls yesterday I have to go give estimates on. Then I need to go pick up a soldering iron (if the NAPA is open today). Levi broke his light saber he got from the Fair... Kiddo was real upset last night when it stopped lighting up. He has been pestering me since 7am to try and fix it again....:|:

Back