Good Morning!

The new school schedule is gonna screw with my mornings big time. I have one that has to be at middle school by 7:30A for extra-curriculer band practice and the other goes to high school no earlier than 8:00A. Two drives every morning... lovely.

You drive your kids to school? I was never driven to school a single day of my life. Elementary school was just over a half mile away and I walked/rode my bike from first grade on. High school was about 3-4 miles away and I rode the bus. Are you in that bad of an area where you fear for your children's safety?

You drive your kids to school? I was never driven to school a single day of my life. Elementary school was just over a half mile away and I walked/rode my bike from first grade on. High school was about 3-4 miles away and I rode the bus. Are you in that bad of an area where you fear for your children's safety?

Walked four blocks to elementary, bussed to secondary and high school, ran the 5 mi. to HS in the mornings when in training for track.

Do you live in a big criminal ridden city?

walked and rode bike for most of my schooltime, except the couple months when I had a broken leg and the last year when I had access to a car pretty regularly. :)

Walked or rode the bus to school, and a motorcycle when in high school.

I liked the bus in the morning, because it took a long time to get to the destination, but hated it going home, for the same reason.

Nah, this area is about as safe as it gets except for the traffic... frikken college professors and students can't drive fer shit.

I'm nowhere close to the schools. They go to the district where I used to live at their Mom's. No bus, no nothing. We did find a place today where a bus could drop him in the afternoon and he can run home, about 3 miles. He runs almost every day anyway. Nobody in this family is afraid of exercise.

Poor kid is sore today, carping about it every time he moves. He did his first full-on gym workout with a trainer yesterday. And before anybody asks, the trainer was a one time deal to show him how to use the apparatus and not hurt himself. Hehe... he's never done squats before.

I'm gonna thrash him tomorrow too, climbing a 60"dba red oak to assess lightening damage and then we're going climbing at the local indoor wall.

It's kind of fun hearing him groan more than me for a change.

...and I always walked to elementary school and the high school bus stop.

It's so true Greg, you have plenty of other fun stuff coming between now and then to boot.

He's more committed than i ever was to team sports. I played a little football but mostly I swam and climbed.

The Coach told the team NO ONE would make varsity as a junior... he's already made it, the only junior on the team, and it's still pre-season x2. I wish I'd been that committed.

Hell of it is he's a straight A student too.

The girl just made her middle school volleyball team. This is her first intramural sport. She's going to run track too.

I'm so proud I can't stand it.

I'm so proud I can't stand it.

Rightly so, by the sounds of it. Atta boy!! :D

I walked or rode the bus to school. My kids rode the bus until high school activities made it impossible. It was a PITA, but they loved it....instead of an hour ride on the bus, it took us 15-20 minutes. It was kinda nice in a way though, about the only time they would be cordial to each other....they were too sleepy to fight. :|:

It was kinda nice in a way though, about the only time they would be cordial to each other....they were too sleepy to fight. :|:

Mine haven't yet become that sleepy, they constantly pick on each other. The little one is as bad or worse than the big one... as long as they don't bother me, I let'em duke it out.

Oh back in my day we walked to school,5 miles,up hill in both directions :lol:

That lie told ,it was a half a mile and level .My senior year of high school it was a consolidation and I drove my 59 Pontiac those 4 miles .

Elementary it was about a 6 block walk... there WAS a big hill at the end. We couldn't ride bikes till 4th grade.

In HS, what little of it I bothered to attend, the walk to the bus stop sucked, over a mile and I had to be there by 6:50A. Rode home with a friend usually. I skipped a LOT of classes.

I have a couple of bids and I'm hauling some stuff to the dump for a neighbor. Then irrigating the orchard this evening.

Back