Good Morning!

Heavy storms went through last night. waking up to flood warnings, house & barn fires, trees blocking roads, and power outages reported.
All is still good here at our place, but probably will spend the day out on storm call.

I have a building clearance job in a town about 30 min south of here. The Highway Patrol is everpresent on the way there and it always makes me nervous.

Well don't drive like a maniac and they won't give you a ticket .:)

Oh heavens,more coffee then off to Lowes to buy pipe and fittings to re-plumb the house . I'm not looking forward to spending a day and half in a crawl space .No sense whining about it though--get-er-done .

Steve, you will be fine as long as you don't have a video camera to your face while driving:drink:

My cousin did his house with some hose that has crimp on ends.

I imagine that was PEX pipe which is flexable cross link poly . I've never used it but they say it's the cats meow .

I'll be using CPVC piping to replace the 30 plus year old copper which is starting to fail . It won't take that long . Just the pain in the neck navigating in 26 inchs of crawl space .

Just about every plumber I know has switched over to PEX.
PROS 1) fewer joints, can run home run to each fixture
2) cheaper than copper
3) faster than copper
4) will not rot away if in contact with cement
5) Freeze tolerant.
Cons 1) need new tools to install

Heavy storms went through last night. waking up to flood warnings, house & barn fires, trees blocking roads, and power outages reported.
All is still good here at our place, but probably will spend the day out on storm call.

Be safe, man.

From what I understand they use PEX for radiant under floor heat and such things as that with a good success rate .

Actually the pipe fighters at work use a type for air lines and it works good too .

Well,whatever .I just didn't want to crawl under the house dragging a "B" bottle torch and setting the damned house afire with me under it .That would be bad .:\:

Damn straight Al... I took a wall out one time on a new construction moving some copper.... Early in my career and it scared me a bit. PEX was cool.. but the tools are hella expensive. I had to get certified in AZ to install it for Del Webb and a couple others that were switching over.

Coffee IV here too.... :coffee2:Looks like Rob was up early and he is raising another pole for the shop. Wish he would wait till I get out there,,, Much safer with two. Katy is getting ready for day care kids:|:

You don't certs for anything around here unless you change the drain system . Besides on my own house nobody is going to say a thing .;)

Two things to remember on drains. Chit flows down hill and payday is on Friday .:lol:

You don't certs for anything around here unless you change the drain system . Besides on my own house nobody is going to say a thing .;)

Two things to remember on drains. Chit flows down hill and payday is on Friday .:lol:

And don't bite your finger nails... :lol::lol::lol:

We had to cert more because of the warranty they backed the product with would be my guess. Now here in CA it's a whole nutter story.. They cert people for PVC WTF?:what::roll:

Pumping some coffee into my vitals... Had a friend of ours call yesterday that needs her weeds cut and a cord of wood.... Guess the guy she tried to help out that needed the work never showed:roll: Typical for around here.

Took a mental health day today...for the wife:lol:

I'm watching the twins while she runs errands, then we're off to visit her dad for his b-day.

I can never truely get away from work though I spent about an hour on the phone trying to sort out a contractor/police misunderstanding fiasco...

Rumination.......Thanks, all went well but very tiring.

PEX IS COOL, Did all my hot & cold in it (Drains PVC) after some one stole the copper when I was down south. I think the cost of the tools was covered by the savings in the materials, and they have fitting to hook the stuff to nearly anything you have that is existing.
Plumbed my entire (farm)house in two days, and I ain't no plummer!

The stuff is amazing for re-pipes. I did a whole 2 bath house in a day once. Never even had to drill a hole as the place was piped in poly previously.. Just take out dry wall:evil:

It sucks but I have to work today. :(
I'm taking my truck in tomorrow to get that oil leak fixed and have a couple jobs booked for mid week, and this job needs to get done quickly so I agreed to work today. First time working a scheduled job on Sunday in years.

Seem to remember I worked most Sundays back when I was self employed.

Getting dragged up to brother in laws place on the lake for Wifes Fathers Birthday this afternoon. Great people but still wish I had some work to do to help me excuse myself.:/:

Kids woke me up few times too many since (scratchin head) about 4 am. Pouring some more coffee. Resting up a bit is helping with the elbow and hip. Still sore and the elbow keeps popping which is a bit disconcerting. Kinda worked it a bit working on the 460 yesterday. Had to do a lot of starts :P

Good morning everyone:drink:

Back