Good Morning!

Lol, Brian I did take my camera. But I didn't take a single pic. It's pretty much rained since I picked up the truck. There were a couple of spots over the coquihalla summit where I thought I'd get some awesome pics with the truck but alas on the way back with the truck I was driving in a cloudy rainstorm.:(

Thans for all the well wishes on a safe journey, everything went well.

Justin prayers are always welcomed, same as well wishes and positive vibes.

Going to tear a wall apart to extract a beehive today. I actually don't relish the idea of doing this as it's really damaging to the hive, but the alternative is the homeowners calling an exterminator to kill the bees. And I get a free hive of bees out of it...

I have to trot over to Lowes and purchase some light fixtures to install in my crawl space .

About the second ,third week of August I plan on replumbing the house and I'd like to see what I'm doing insead of using a flash light .

Pains me greatly as I must have given away a hundred fixtures and now I have to buy the danged things .

Going to tear a wall apart to extract a beehive today. I actually don't relish the idea of doing this as it's really damaging to the hive, but the alternative is the homeowners calling an exterminator to kill the bees. And I get a free hive of bees out of it...

Leon my neighbor who is a bee inspector for the county here also has a side business raising queen bees. Maybe I can hook you up if you need some queens. That didn't sound good, did it?

I picked up my mail and it had a couple of cheques in there 8), but it also had a letter saying I'm being audited for GST :(. The fun never ends here.:|:

Went to me Aunts memorial service this morning. Thought I had a side job lined up but the guy cancelled, thats OK cause I"m really beat after this seek anyway.
Going to study a bit then head out to a festival where a bunch of old friends are picking music
Have to hand out some flyers for the shindig we are throwing next Sat.

take some pics....got a big box of rubber bands for putting the comb into frames? dont forget the smoker8)

Got up early to go check my trail camera and spent the rest of the morning wandering around in the cascades. No bucks on the cam:(

The bee extraction never happened. We thought they were in a wall, which would have been relatively easy. Turns out they're under a 100 year old hardwood floor which we weren't about to rip out. So we will trap them instead, which involves making a one way door so the bees can go out but not back in. We'll leave a hive right next to the entrance with some brood comb in it (comb with baby bees in it) and the bees will move into that hive over the course of a couple weeks. The queen will probably starve inside the old hive, though, she doesn't ever tend to come out. :( They usually raise a new one without too much trouble.

Steve, thanks for the offer on the queen connection, I've always liked men in drag. Seriously, though, there are a couple of folks I can buy queen bees from locally so I'm good on that front.

John, I'm doing all topbar beekeeping so no need to strap the comb to frames. I would have just propped it on the floor of the hive in such a way that the brood could hatch out, and the bees would have started building their own new combs. Once the brood had hatched out of the old comb I would have removed it for the wax.

The bee extraction never happened. We thought they were in a wall, which would have been relatively easy. Turns out they're under a 100 year old hardwood floor which we weren't about to rip out. So we will trap them instead, which involves making a one way door so the bees can go out but not back in. We'll leave a hive right next to the entrance with some brood comb in it (comb with baby bees in it) and the bees will move into that hive over the course of a couple weeks. The queen will probably starve inside the old hive, though, she doesn't ever tend to come out. :( They usually raise a new one without too much trouble.

Steve, thanks for the offer on the queen connection, I've always liked men in drag. Seriously, though, there are a couple of folks I can buy queen bees from locally so I'm good on that front.

John, I'm doing all topbar beekeeping so no need to strap the comb to frames. I would have just propped it on the floor of the hive in such a way that the brood could hatch out, and the bees would have started building their own new combs. Once the brood had hatched out of the old comb I would have removed it for the wax.

cut outs can be a lotta work.....anyway, thats the way it goes

besides this , you got bees yet Leon?

Nope. This was to be my first hive. I've been helping a local beekeeper out a bit so I've been learning a lot. Learned how to raise queens recently, although I'd need to get quite a few hives to do that myself.

How many are you up to now John? Starting harvesting honey yet?

Good morning. I should know better than to answer my phone at 7am on a Sunday. Emergency call, top split out of a tree and hung up over the street. Dave said "I'll make it worth your while" so I'm going to work.
:morning:

:banghead:

Back