Good Morning!

My area is all flood irrigation as well. However, people construct permanent ditches to channel the water and then open up little side ditches to flood as needed, or just partially block off a larger ditch to cause it to overflow into a certain area. Food irrigation does compact the soil a bit, but has lots of other benefits if done correctly.

Thick clay in most places, sometimes mixed with ridiculous amounts of rocks. If you give it a good soaking it will hold quite a bit of water.

Ours on the east side lf the valley is sandy loam with hardpan in places, and the west side is clay loam. Not many rocks. The east side uses flood and the west side uses furrow irrigation. And both sides use some sprinklers.

Sounds like good soil, aside from the hardpan. Is that your walnuts you're irrigating there? How often do you give them water?

Yep, about every 3 weeks from april to august. The soil on the west side is better but the water supply is much better here.

Good morning, folks. Another sleepless night here, I think I managed an hour or two between 4:30-6:30. I'm going to have to see somebody about my back this week. I have an LMT coming over at 11 today and will ask for a referral from her.

Dropped off some parts at the machine shop this a.m. for the truck, should be finished by noon. Stopped at Vermeer and picked up a couple pruner poles, mine keep shrinking and I can't reach them inside the storage tube anymore. :|:

Shrinking pruner poles is a frustrating phenomenon for sure. I forgot to move my fiberglass pole saw the other day and dropped a branch on it, putting a good dent in the pole.:whine:

Crikey, that bites a big one. I'm flirting with rain here. The crane job was canceled because of it, but I'm hoping to do something else.

I've been awake since 330 for no good reason. Dropped my car off to get the rear bumper replaced (someone hit me in a parking lot), grabbed some Sonic, and I'm watching it drizzle. Thinking about crawling back in the bed. :)

Hey Brendon, you might try shoving an old rag or towel down into your storage tube. That might take up a few inches in the front as well as provide some cushion for the pole ends.

Hope you get that back figured out soon Brian..
Been up since 3:30 trying to get back to sleep myself. Lilly had a rough night/morning. So I am off to do mistletoe here shortly waiting on coffee for a jump start...

Didn't sleep so well last night myself. The moonlight on my face woke me up. I've got to figure out a curtain for the skylight.

I'm off to do some hiking today. Hopefully no thunderstorms roll in while we're above tree line.

When I was a teenager and into my twenties moonlight or any light would bother me, but now hardly anything bothers my sleep. Good luck with the back Brian. I'm getting a slow start here, my guys are fashionably late once again.

hmmm, maybe some sort of blue moon? Bub was up at about 0430 screaming his lungs out. I got out of bed and hit the couch next to the couch my wife was cradling him on a few minutes later, for moral support, the three of us half slept the rest of the time till 0715 when it was time to start getting ready for the day.
They just left, Bub goes to my parents place on Mondays so the wife can get to workin, I have a crummy job pulling weeds and such, its raining a bit, the first rain in a few weeks. But its money and thats what the man wants! :pimp:

Dreamt that a huge pack of lions got loose in San Francisco and were attacking everyone. It sort of freaked me out. :(

Hey Brendon, you might try shoving an old rag or towel down into your storage tube. That might take up a few inches in the front as well as provide some cushion for the pole ends.

The thing that stinks is I have a eight foot pole for the BS, all the local Vermeer has is six footers. Maybe I'll try launching with a six foot but I think it'd lack.

I have a shortie, just shy of 3', that I made from a broken pole. When added to a 6' pole it's perfect for the BS. An 8' by itself is just a little too short for me, I have to bend down too far.

Back