Good Morning!

Another cloudy mixed day here this morning.

I'm suppose to be working for my bro, but I've been fed up with it for the last months/year. Just too many reasons.......

Sooo I told him I'm not working today. I'll probably do a bid, wash the dirtbike, and putz. I've got to call "strikermike", he was interested in some spurs I had. Make the same amount of money doing that than going to work with him. :roll:

Oh, and I woke up to a raccoon in the trap I set last night.

I'm a softy so I'm still getting over the cruel way of bullet in head at point blank, and the gurgling through his mouth. :(

Not at this point. Just the fact that it pulled mass murder on 7+ of our chickens was one of the reasons. I didn't want my hands anywhere near a growling coon anyways.

I'm off to volunteer at a kid's Tree Planting Camp today. It's definitely a good thing, but I'm surprised anyone signed up for it. If I was a kid it sure wouldn't sound too exciting to me...

There might be chicks there. Reason enough for the young man to go. I have to take my wife to visit her brother in Palo Alto at the VA hospital this morning.

I did not think raccoons would attack chickens. I would not feel bad about killing it though. You might want to contact the DEP though still a bit of rabies in the coons in our state. Thanks about the info at vermeer

Beekeeping class today! Hopefully the thunderstorms stay away till later today. Bees get cranky when they can't be collecting nectar.

There were a bunch of honey bees working on the palm trees that I trimmed yesterday. Carpenter bees too. I am resuming a clean-up job today.

Yeah, when some palms are in full bloom it can turn into a real cloud of honeybees around the crown. They pretty much shouldn't bother you, though, they're too intent on getting nectar.

Yep, they didn't bother me a bit. The stuff was piled up in the HO's driveway waiting for me to hook the truck back up to the chipper they were still working on it there.

More grass awaits... Going to a job today a guy I referred to them was told not to bother coming back.. I dot think it was all his fault. She was trying to prioritize the job for him and I know even listening to this customer can be confusing. So we'll show up, take out about 3 acres of fields around the house and save the day :P Moneys decent but I have to run interference between her and anyone that is working.. Try to keep her out of everyone's hair and in the house:lol:
Also going by the local shop to final tune that weed eater I slapped together last night. 8)

Cursed, do you always use a weed whacker or do you have a PTO mower or flail or something, I cant imagine weed whacking 3 acres... yuck.

I have a DR (2 actually). The walk behind is 17 horse 2wd 4 speed with reverse. 3 acres is easy for 3 guys on brush cutters this time of year.. But that DR does at least the work of two if you have the right terrain. I also charge mo fo it :D I have to use the walk behind only right now as the grass is so dry and I can run a string head with 155 or 170 mill line. Don't want to start a fire with a steel blade. The three of us did about 4 acres today in 6.5 hours with the help of the DR.

My uncle started a fire yesterday. He was mowing grass with a 8' bush hog. It burned up a couple of piles of posts, a cow corral, and some grass of course.

Dang, never had to worry about burning the place down mowing around here. It's so dang soggy, you can hardly walk anywhere off the driveway.

Gun shot started the last fire up here that took 30,000 acres, 30 plus homes and cost 30,000,000.00. So a blade is definitely out of the question.... I don't need that kind of claim against me. Fires can be started with just a hot muffler now let alone a blade on rock....

Least your uncle did not lose a house or neighbors house with that boo boo. Did he cut his outside line first? That way you have a fire line....
We always have the guys on Brushers/Weed Eaters spot for fire also... Fire extinguisher is on hand also for the equipment....

Actually I just found out from my cousin that my uncle called him and asked him to "come down to the river corral and bring a couple of shovels". My cousin heads down there, (it's about a mile down a driveway and then a dirt road) as soon as he passes the buildings by his house he sees the smoke and calls the fire dept. on his way down there. The Air Resources Control Board also sent down a couple of guys to investigate to see if it was an "accidentally intentional" fire and decided that it was accidental.

Nope, he's in the clear. Even if he wasn't in the clear he was a fireman in that dept for 40 some years so they would have taken care of him.

Back