Good Morning!

The unwritten rule is: if something accidental happens they will watch your back if the ARB or some govt agency wants to be stupid; however, if you do something intentional and want the fire dept to cover you then you have abused this privilege and they will probably tell you that this is the last favor you will get, you will be on your own from now on.

ARB is the wild card and what I was mostly worried about (for your uncle) as it was accidental.. They are nothing but a bureaucracy looking to make revenue of late... I found out the other day that we were still able to burn by permit up till last week.. Somebody lost one and they shut it down.. I stopped burning by permit after the first week of May... My tradition as the winds play havoc with you by then. If I start tending more fire than clearing etc., it is time to shut it down... Besides I hate chasing fire..
Besides... Fugs up the trees if you lose one or have it scorch.

Nick named the beast... Here ya go Paul
F0556_275.jpg

F0409-250.jpg

I have the 17 HP 30 inch deck...

http://www.drpower.com/TwoStepModel...&p1Name=field-brush-mower-w&Page=fabmodels&ln

We had to redo the deck a few times... The mountains tear up the runners and the welds pretty good... But adding some extra metal did the trick:evil:
The tow behind I have is pretty much the same in HP and such but is really only good for high thick grass and small brush you can run over.

One day, crew of 6 took out 12 acres in 7 hours with both machines and brush cutters/weed eaters.

I am off to do a 1/2 mile of drive way and a heliport... Have a great Sunday everyone... BBL

Going up the street to the fire zone this AM. Cut some weeds around a old family cabin (someone else's) and try to talk her into scheduling a bull pine that is over it. She keeps meaning for me to remove it but..... This has been going on a year. See what I can finagle... :D

I have a bid at 9:00 and another at 10:00 this morning. I was going to pull a Paul and take a picture of my breakfast this morning, but I broke one of my eggs and then burnt my toast. Then I have a clean up job I have been working on off and on for a week to finish.

no room for burly tree men in the kitchen :P

my wife has been getting on my case about the food pics, after I plate it goes to the table and I keep saying' "just a sec honey, I have to grab my camera.." usually the reply is a rather lengthy sigh, or 'you're a geek' or 'I cant believe you are posting pictures of your food all the time"

I like to keep her on her toes, not sure how long I will keep up the pics thing, I gotta find something new :/:

Could it be that you only post pictures of the food when you've done the cooking? That might be bothersome to the Mrs.

actually thats not entirely true, I do try to mention when she has helped prep supper. for instance today she made the pasta salad, oops, you caught me, I didnt mention it! lol, my bad.

Paul, Stop making her wait and start snapping pics of her and the food as she puts the first bite in her mouth.:evil:

Brought Levi home from camping last night and him and his sister are playing away... Seth won't be home for at least another week. Already feeling warm here. Just want to go get this shat done and come home... TG I have tree work tomorrow I am going buggy:|:

Good morning and happy 4th all. Going to try and get a half day done to get home in plenty of time to BBQ. The guy and his wife are supposed to be home today to meet up with me to schedule some trees :D So I am going to give him his CDF cut while I am there.... BBL.....

I gotta go borrow the neighbor's levee maker thing and make my levee to irrigate this afternoon. Going to my other neighbor's Mom's house this afternoon then to a potluck at a friend's.

Here is a picture of the levee maker thingy which I think is really called a ridger. And a picture of the levee or ridge that I made with it to contain the irrigation water within my boundries.r

Attachments

• ridger 001 (Large).jpg
    ridger 001 (Large).jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ridger 002 (Large).jpg
    ridger 002 (Large).jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 10
Will you leave that ridge there permanently, or do you have to build it up and take it down every time you need to irrigate?

do you irrigate with a flooding method Ste? Sorry if you mentioned it, I havent been paying attention :D

If you leave it up you have to spray the weeds on it but it can be done. It will develop cracks and gopher holes after a fashion so I knock it down everytime I disc. Also I need to turn my little caterpillar around over where the ridge is so another reason why I take it down everytime. Yeah we flood irrigate here Paul. Very inefficient as far as water usage but that's that method the district was designed for when it was constructed. Any water that goes beyond the root zone ends up in the groundwater so I guess it's not really wasted.

Back