Anyone felled in NZ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The most confusing one was one that was leaned into another tree and he knocked it out with a push tree. I couldn’t see the whole setup of things, but it didn’t look like it would work…but it did.

What does that stump do for you? I think I get the general scheme, but the lower backcut I'm unfamiliar with.

What does that stump do for you? I think I get the general scheme, but the lower backcut I'm unfamiliar with.
Reminds me of a “kickstand” you are supposed to leave on a pushed tree while you’re felling the push tree. Basically it’s holding until it’s overloaded and the grain separates vertically.

Not unusual here. Bit of lean to the far side, a Dutchman there, but no sizzy on the close side…but I don’t think it had enough lean to warrant a sizzy. I think I would have just done a tapered hinge.

IMG_2597.jpeg

I gotta ask why? Open grown tree...does it need a special cut? Maybe just for show or video?

Video doesn't play for me, fwiw.

Looks like how trees are felled in the UK , Europe and OZ. Nothing revolutionary.

plenty of boar release cuts with a lot of fibre pull from head leaners and not always the tidiest saw work. All works well enough when putting timber on the floor

Back