Heli Removal job NZ.

biggun

Monkey for Hire
A few clips have been banded about on social media. Some of you may have seen.

A friend and older member on here posted this up on Facebook today. It’s a great video and a testament to the companies involved. Huge job, lots of planning.

I knew Jesse had gone back to NZ but hadn’t realised he was the MD of the company.

The video is pretty good at explaining the plan and the execution. Well thought out and I thought it was interesting and deserved a thread of its own.

Shame Jesse doesn’t get on here any more.

Watch, appreciate the planning and enjoy.

I saw that a couple days ago and watched it several times. It is truly amazing. The downdraft of the helicopter blades really made that a challenge it seems. Crazy how it could gaff you out!

Wow., the downdraft from the helo made it look like they were working in tropical storm winds. Wouldn't be amazing to be part of that team. Man, just amazing.

Thank you for posting it.

Who knew a BlackHawk had that kind of power?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The downdraft did look like a tropical Hurricane on some shots. Blowing the climber off his gaffs.

When the Kiwi Pilot was talking about the BlackHawk and it being very rare in the private sector etc, but had great reliability and Famous for Black Hawk Down, my first thoughts were, yeah it crashed in that film.

Excellent planning though and a great job to have on the companies resume.

Last edited:
Back