Explosive removal.

High Scale

Trust fund lobbyist.

So we came across this tree which was in a pretty bad way, my boss at the time, knowing a guy and with a sense of why the frig not, decided to blow it up.
Sadly a couple of weeks a go the explosive expert succumbed to cancer, a great man with some amazing stories.

We spent maybe six weeks on that hill.

Last edited:
years ago i felled a walnut at a friends house, he wanted to remove the stump. a friend had inherited some black powder, the stuff you use for muzzleloaders.
i did a plunge cut into the stump, we filled it up with blackpowder and compressed it with wooden wedges and used a sparkler for a fuze.
it plit in two, we tried to split the halves with wedges (no more blackpowder), no chance. interesting stuff.

Nice work!

I recall grandpa telling of a huge stump in the field. Decided to dynamite it. First charge didn't do much, re-set it with 2x sticks.....
Stump done got went and gramps spent days picking up wood chunks in the feld and filling in the crater.
He admitted he was better off farming around it.

Still lmao over it.

Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice work!

I recall grandpa telling of a huge stump in the field. Decided to dynamite it. First charge didn't do much, re-set it with 2x sticks.....
Stump done got went and gramps spent days picking up wood chunks in the feld and filling in the crater.
He admitted he was better off farming around it.

Still lmao over it.

Ed

This guy had some similar stories of mis-calculating the charge on stump removal jobs.

Back