Wood stove heat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice height for spilling embers far beyond the glass hearth :evil:.

Really, I love the look Stig. Very nice. A bit too modern for my taste, but quite attractive.

It has an interesting feature: when you put new firewood on top of embers, you pull a handle that opens fully for the primary air.
It closes automatically after a while.
So you get the new wood burning, instead of smouldering.
Factory setting is 6 minutes, but it can be adjusted to fit one's style of heating.

Richard, my partner, has the same stove, just without the concrete, he loves that feature.

Looks like a nice unit. My only concern wood be a larger hearth pad when the inevitable occurs when refueling

If you refuel when the load has burned down to embers(as I've described a few times in this thread) there is very little risk of flying debris vs the chuck a piece or three in as they fit method. That said I'd be very vigilant about flying sparks if it were my setup. All of my stoves are on non combustible flooring, but I still leave no ember that happens to escape unaccounted for. Also the timer/damper feature that is built into Stigs new stove mimics what I describe about settling in a new load.

Really cool looking stove Stig. I like it.

I kinda like that stove stig, but I think I'd want something more traditional looking. Even just simulating stone or brickwork with a concrete form would do it I think.

Nice. How much does it weigh? Concrete sounds heavy. I would like another newer wood stove. Watch for a used one in the off season. I am too cheap to spend the $3000 they want. Seems like too much but you can't build one yourself, no matter how heavy duty or professionally done.

Close to 400 pds.

We have recently got some very strict rules about wood stoves.
With 6 million people in a small country, air pollutuion is something to watch out for.

Sorry, missed that one.
Yes there is.
It burns very clean, which is a requirement here.

I wasn't exactly trolling, when I posted pictures of it, but I was really looking forward to seeing what Americans would make of it.

Design and look- wise, it is very much modern Scandinavian, which is pretty far from what you guys are used to.

Now I look forward to hearing what my wife's architect son makes of it.
Him being a very urban type, my guess is that he'll love it.

Came home from shopping today and the house was dark.
I figured the mail order bride was in the stable, doing something with the horses.
When I came in, she was sitting in the dark, in front of the burning stove with a glass of Pineau Charentes.

Succes!:)

Definitely well done the ambiance of a fire is hard to beat.

Now about this cat. Does it have a bypass you open close for startup and reloads or is it just always in the exhaust stream? Is there a cat thermometer or a active/inactive indicator? And can you see it if you look up in the stove? Do you see it glowing red?

I am somewhat fascinated and envious of cat stoves and their high efficiency and long stable burn times. If I had to do it again I'd strongly consider a blaze king princess for my basement installation. Which I was strongly considering before I went with the PAcific energy stove I did, two very different stoves. But in the end I like the traditional durability over the complexity and potential replacement cycle of the cat.

It is always there and I can't see it, so I'll just have to take the manufacturer's word for it.

The stove is designed in Denmark but manufactured in Slovakia.
My furnace, which is the best I've ever come across, in many years of wood burning furnaces, is made in the Czech republic.

Back