Where old ropes go to die.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the back of Rock & Ice, and Climbing Magazine in the 90's there was a company that wove your retired lines into rugs. I have no idea if they are still around.

called the Ocean Plat I think. There is this book of knots.....can't remember the title but it has a bunch of ornamental knots in it.

maybe Ashley book of knots?

Ive made a few rope rugs using the ocean plait. Not sure what Tommy is using for motivation, but if he did that in 20 min I'll take some- mine probably took more limme 2 hours to get just so

Ropes start as climb lines, then tag lines, then perhaps load tie downs, then then then
If your creative, rope rugs!
The Ocean Plat is easy to make. There is an entire thread on this forum somewheres just use the search function.
Here is my rope rug. Using Fly rope as an accent. Maybe 10 years old?

Attachments

• 7D18D8AB-03B0-4314-A10A-8841873A00D2.jpeg
    7D18D8AB-03B0-4314-A10A-8841873A00D2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
I made one of those plaits with some blaze... blaze never dies.

Seriously... climbline to lowering line to pull line to tie shit down line to dog leash to the trash or river swing.... then back of the truck for pulling people out.

I've got a piece stuck to my fence for the last 7 years... matter if fact ima go take a picture for you all.

Blaze never dies. 20210407_165739.jpg

Once Jerry took us to this tree up north like a spruce or something deep down in this draw.... had a hollow dead top you could look down in....

The scariest thing was the first 100 feet of old ascent line... Jerry said it had been there for like 7 years... I laughed on the inside. We made it.

Back