What's Your Favorite Saw You Own?

Having just run the 500i over two days..if I didn't already have a fairly new 462 I would buy one, tomorrow.

A couple of old 365's have kept me alive!

Cuz they're Special....

44's n 72's are hard to top as classics.

Jomo

My favourite saw is a sharp one that starts easily and cuts fast.

I do have a special fondness for one of the early 441’s. A lot of people had issues with them. Mine was a raging screamer right out of the box.

All my other saws have been ported or exhaust modded and timing advanced. When people pick up that 441 they assume it has had a bit of work. The only I have done to it is change the sprocket to give it a bit more poke.

Dolmar 5105 & 346 xp are my favorite middle weights . I have used both ms-660 & 576 xp for felling big oak and Ironwood , however the majority of my cutting now is firewood . I have a 357 xp that is being ported that will be a hot rod for this September ! ;)

My fave is 281xp itjust cuts and cuts and cuts some more i like my 3120xp but the 281 just has character.. close second is 032 my father gave me he bought when i was born. I use the 281 a lot more

Never heard of that one, looks a lot like the 372 chassis. Very cool!
I can’t really pic a favorite... all depends on application. I’m loving the ms650, and the ms241 is a peppy little thing, but I believe my ms441 is the most versatile saw I own. Not crazy heavy so decent enough for ground work be it limbing with a 20” or bucking with a 28”.
My old 200T probably helps me earn more cash than all the rest of my saws combined.
I could handle ~95% of the trees in my area with a good top handle and a good 70cc class with short and long bar options.

You read my mind; the jug and piston I got was for the 288XP... A little more power and some porting and it'll be back in the herd...

I'm gonna let my 8yrs out of the industry and dinosaur 🦕 show by saying 346xp. That little saw ported and tuned runs like a raped ape, yodels like it's summitted the matterhorn, and is light as a feather. My father could hold one and treat it like a top handle hahaha. I always tried to come in a close 2nd. On my headstone I swear it will say 1st runner up.

I could handle ~95% of the trees in my area with a good top handle and a good 70cc class with short and long bar options.

Lol that's exactly what i have, my top handle and an 80 cc one. I have an old dolmar 120 that i could start running for ground work, and I'll be getting a 50 cc one for something more comfortable in the tree. Then i can get a battery top handle and I'll be set... :/:

Great saw.
Until the 500i came around, it was the best in the 70 cc class, IMO.

Stock 462c and Stock 500i with 24” bars or less really no difference In cutting performance, 500i drinks more fuel though , 572xp is right there in the mix as well with a 24” bar or less ... It is less expensive than the 462c and considerably less expensive than the 500i . All 3 saws will pull longer bars if needed - I guess a fellow would have to run all 3 units to pick a favorite...

Last edited:
Currently I personally run a 346Xp and a 372XP (and a 562XP and 395XP when doing crane work with friends, as they have the newer toys).

Back