Never sharpen your saw again!

Treeaddict

Treehouser
I found an article that explains that a heated chainsaw needs no oil or sharpening. Think of all the money we’d save if they existed. The same article said that pro loggers saw of choice was the 455 Rancher 😂😂🤣

Attachments

• IMG_5350.png
    IMG_5350.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
That's what Swedish candles are good for. I don't have the money for a pro heated saw, but I can make a candle, and put the saw on it between cuts. It's also easy to carry from tree to tree. Not worth the trouble for yardwork, but if you're spending the day in the woods, it's a no brainer. Easier than adding oil and filing chains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So that was an April fool's joke?
It doesn’t seem to be. It came up on a google search (forgot what I was looking for) and I clicked on “What chainsaws do professional loggers use” and there was this web page.

It’s some Australian supply company. It’s hysterical! I thought the 455 Ranchers as a loggers saw was great but then it got into the heated saw benefits🤣🤣. Unbelievable!

So I ordered a heater 455 Rancher from them!! I’ll be unstoppable!!

Sounds like written by chat GPT.
I don’t know much about saws. Is this sentence pure hogwash?
“The Husqvarna 455 Rancher has a bar length of 20 inches, which means it has fewer bar wraps. This makes it easier to start at first pull.” Or this one “The Husqvarna 455 Rancher has a curved bar that gives you more leverage when cutting wood. The chain tightens up as you’re cutting so you don’t have to worry about the chain slipping off your bar.”
I am picturing a bar shaped like a banana. Does it curve left, right, up or down?

Last edited:
I found an article that explains that a heated chainsaw needs no oil or sharpening. Think of all the money we’d save if they existed. The same article said that pro loggers saw of choice was the 455 Rancher 😂😂🤣
That was probably an AI generated article. I bet it was confusing a ported (hot saw) with heated. It just shows you how unintelligent AI is. It only simulates human thinking as well as it is programmed to, but it has no understanding, no real intelligence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like written by chat GPT.
I don’t know much about saws. Is this sentence pure hogwash?
“The Husqvarna 455 Rancher has a bar length of 20 inches, which means it has fewer bar wraps. This makes it easier to start at first pull.” Or this one “The Husqvarna 455 Rancher has a curved bar that gives you more leverage when cutting wood. The chain tightens up as you’re cutting so you don’t have to worry about the chain slipping off your bar.”
I am picturing a bar shaped like a banana. Does it curve left, right, up or down?
Right!! 🤣. In my experience, any curvature in your bar is a very, very bad thing.

generally when I run a heated saw its because I forgot to turn the rectifier coolers off, which can also cause the chain to cut backwards!

Back