What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
Another morning below freezing. I'm being reminded every 10 minutes by the nice guy on the radio. High of 57 today. Should warm up by about 10 degrees for the next few days and then another cold blast on Monday.

Yup, that's one of the benefits of living between two oceans. All that water really helps moderate air temperatures and extremes are short lived.

on and off obscene rain and light wind since yesterday afternoon. My white knuckle drive last night coming home from the inlaws was eneventful. Dark, poorly marked road, very winding highway, sideways bucketing down rain. First time I ever used the warp speed setting on my wipers for more than a few seconds.

You just gotta love these La Nina winters in the PNW. Rain and snow falls heavier & more often, temps are lower, and wind velocities higher. It's a tree guy's wet dream!

forgot to mention my speedo needle is buggered, its stuck at 220kph, its nice hitting a 60kph corner without knowing how fast you are traveling... not. Its all good though, Ayden slept the whole way and the wife let me concentrate on the road rather than blather on about whatnot. :D

FJR and Al, I feel sorry for you folks in the winter. Having spent 2/3 of my life in IL and 1/3 in ND, I will take ND in the winter any day. At 20 above, the air can hold a lot more humidity than it can at -20. I am still just wearing a light jacket and insulated vest for most of my outside work. If I am going to be out a couple hours I slip on the insulated coveralls. 100% relative humidity at 20 below, means that you are getting snow that requires about 50" to equal an inch of water. Break the wind and it ain't bad at all. Just for your information it is about 10F tonight and a gentle 20 mph breeze, supposed to get colder and windy tomorrow. It may be an interesting 80 mile commute in the morning.

Got spit on myself all day today by rain. Never enough to quite pack it up. Just enough to keep you damp. So we brought the coffee pot and make some coffee on a fire and kept feeding the fires to help stay warm .... Supposed to be about the same for the next couple days too.

5.9 this morning, and 7 right now and dropping. Got up to 20 with stiff winds today. About a month early for this kind of weather around here.

Started out breezy this morning in the high 60s, even got over 70. Then it got cloudy with rain moving in around noon. Currently drizzle and mid 50s with some gusts of wind.

It was snowing quite a bit but has subsided at least for the moment .

As I drove home from my shop earlier which is 22 miles away it was coming down so hard and was so wet it iced my wipers so bad I couldn't hardly see . Lake effect stuff,the swirl around the big lakes kind that can dump snow every pass .

The big deal with wet snow is if the temp drops a lot it's about like rock hard concrete .

COLD! 30 is the high today, 20-30mph winds. But it's super nice compared to yesterday! It was 45 at 7am and dropped all the way to 16 last night with gusts around 65-70mph all day. I didn't even leave the house.

Oh my has the temp dropped big time in few hours .I just got back from a little errand, beer run actually and the roads are glare ice . We're talking granny driving 25 MPH .

Two days of thaw. Almost all the snow is gone and now it has turned to hard frost again.
Should make it much easier to get around in the woods and hopefully the ground will freeze hard up during the week.
We have some large oaks and beech to fall and that sure goes easier on frozen ground.

Just finished up a few inches of rain here in the bottom. Up higer in the hills got 5-7 inches of rain. I have yet to see the amount of big timber that came down the Stilliguamish today. It reached a record flood level, From 1700 yesterday to the same time today it came up at least 15 feet.

It's Sunday Willie. Bourbon, rain, 4 dogs and flooding was enough for me. I didn't need to be dropping my camera.

Well put the dogs down so you don't spill your bourbon:D

Last edited by a moderator:
We got warm, 45 degrees and thawed out. I have a big week scheduled, so the melting of all the slushy snow is perfect. Next time it snows, I hope its much colder so we get powder.

Back