What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
We almost got snow last night. This picture was taken at Westley and is of the Diablo Range. The highest part there is Mr. Oso.

Attachments

• motor 013 (Medium).jpg
    motor 013 (Medium).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 4
this is what it looked like here this am

Attachments

• snow 001.jpg
    snow 001.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 4
  • snow 002.jpg
    snow 002.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 4
  • snow 004.jpg
    snow 004.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 5
Frigging cold and snowy, youd think it'd be to cold to snow but nope it's not. Been down around your guys' 0 for to long now.

Just stepped out back to test a saw, it is 25 and feels like 11, and it's snowing. When I got up this morning it was 50.

Gary you got lucky. most schools closed here, big dump of fluffy white stuff overnight. we got about 6 inches or so by the look of it. might start raining this afternoon...

the little bit of white is about 6pm yesterday, the other pic is a few minutes ago. :)

Squishy, its heading your way!! :O

Attachments

• P1261082.JPG
    P1261082.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 4
  • P1291085.JPG
    P1291085.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
the roads all cleared off here but its snowing again, well see if we get 2 dumpings in a row

It was 56 yesterday, I have no idea about this morning. I left at 10:30 to go to the Docs, snowing to beat the band, near white out condidtions!! The winds were 30mph and the snow was blowing everywhere!!!
An hour later, I go to the pharmacy, it's all but gone!! The roads that were slick as snot, clear as a bell!!! The sun was shinning and all was good.
Twenty min. latter, I left there. Snowing and blowing again!! Gotta love KS!!!!!

About 12 inches at my house now, from several days of snow off and on, mostly Saturday night. Snowing again here today and due for more through Wednesday night.

18 inches at my office in Zigzag this morning, and snowing a howler as I type this. I hear there is 36 inches of new snow up where I did the felling for the X-C ski trail last week.

We X-C skied from my house all Sunday, and got Monday off for some more as the FS offices didn't open due to hazardous travel conditions. Rah-rah for administrative leave!

The office maggots are whimps :D .

The weatherman said we would get 1/2" of snow, I'm getting your left overs Andy. Windy snowing it's ass off, I'd say close to 3" on the ground now, and yeah white out conditions, temp still falling.

This is about the coldest I have ever seen. As soon as I walk outside the inside of my nose freezes. Florida bound 8)

Attachments

• DSC01110.JPG
    DSC01110.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 34
Rainy and cold here all day. My truck doesn't like the cold and wet!

First a couple of dashboard lights started working again, then the radio wont let itself be turned off :)
Real funny stuff.
Oh and then my truck attempted suicide. The E brake popped open and my truck began slowly making a dive for the hill below my house.
Luckily I noticed it and jumped in just in time to hit the brakes.

Going to get a new e brake mechanism on friday...

careful of that truck Frans, we might have to give it a name like in that stephen king movie!

40F right now, cloudy chance of rain today. When these storms come in off the Pacific we are usuallly on the southern edge of them. Sometimes it all goes north of us and other times it includes us. We are classified as semi-arid.

It rained like a cow peeing on a flat rock,then blowed like a hurricane. The temp dropped like rock.That was last night,all gone now,sun shining,in the twentys.

If figured that as cold as it got the roads would be iced over at two AM when I got off work.Not so,that wind blew the water right off the roads,vehicles etc.I never saw anything like it.

I imagine the trimmers got a few calls today though.

snowed here just enough to freeze last night, dont want my trucks out on these roads so the guys get another day off

Another 6 inches of snow overnight. Finally had to chain up both vehicles so we could get out onto the county road that's plowed...that's always a drag, chain up for a 0.8 mile drive, un-chain, then chain up at the top of the hill again in the afternoon to get back home.

Tree Guy's not working today either - it's still snowing here right now.

I have to work though - have to run payroll or I won't be popular. :)

TG is driving me and watching Roman. Hope it stops snowing soon or the drive to Sunpeaks tomorrow is going to be nasty!

Back