What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
Raining now, changing to sleet/icy mix by noon. Then changing to snow tonight. Anywhere from 2" to 6" expected. Will just have to wait and see.

rain rain rain

Not working and don't really feel like doing much of anything. Guys supposed to bring a mortar mixer by for me to work on sometime today.

well I am halfway to my conference an I have pulled over to hide. snowing like hell, really icey roads. parked at a convenience store, going to wait a while and c what happens. :(

69 yesterday. Thunderstorms like a mofo at 4:30am, lightning and thunder. 32 now, light freezing rain, going to change to snow, they say we might get up to a foot here by end of Wensday!!!!

well I spent about an hour and a half waiting it out. after the plow truck / sander went down the hill I waited about 10 minutes and made my dash. icy at the top, kinda sketchy but I made it without mishap. it rained most of the day and is now really windy, cant even tell it snowed this morning. Conference was good and I got to see a cool ground penetrating radar unit for locating roots etc. $25,000 gets you one. was interesting at the least! :)

27, it's a really neat mix of freezing rain and snow!! It's coming down in sheets!! Not sure, but I think the wind has kicked up to 20mph!
It's going to be another fun drive to work!! Then it snows again tomorow night!!!

Andy, There is at least 4" of snow on top of the 1/4-1/2" layer of sleet right now. 11:30 right now

Lemme Get this straight

So far 20+ people died and 100+ injured in the tornado mess down south and the only thing the news can talk about is osama-yomama and billary. :evil:

Just don't seem right

There is more 6" of snow on top of the sleet we had earlier. It is still coming down pretty good .

22, with 22mph winds. Winter storm warning until 6pm. Might be 2" of snow down here now. It's still coming down. I have the truck warming up now, should be a fun ride with the ice underneath!!!

Woke up to about 6" of snow on top of ice sleet mix, still coming down. 24* right now, coming down heavier, expecting 1" to 2" more before it's done.

Up most of the night....some of it watching the radar and the tornado warnings in the adjacent county (hoping it stayed THERE)...the second half was spent on the floor with the dog who is petrified of storms.

Woke up to the news....pictures of storm damage, but we got lucky. All the ponds are flooding into each other.....t-shirt temps again, changing to colder tonight.

Sorry for your sleepless night Che, I'm glad the storms missed you. From what little I've seen on the news those storms did some serious damage. Just happy all is well.

Do you have a storm celler, Che?

We have a 'crawl space'.....accessible only from a small door on the outside of house. Not somewhere I'm going to go running to in the middle of a storm.

A few years back my brother-in-law moved back, and built a house a couple miles down the road. Twice now, when it looked really dicey we packed up the kids and dogs and went 'visiting'. He has a huge basement. Basements don't seem to be as popular here as they are up north. Too bad.

I watched this storm for a while last night, the path was really straight, but really close.

Went to the vet today and picked up some 'doggie downers'.....:D

We are getting unreal snow here, another 4-6"s called for tonight and basically snow right through the weekend as well. I can't beleive my good fortune.:D

Back