What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
I work in it, I dont drive in it. too many whackos with really expensive cars here in the bog smoke. one tap from my truck on one of them germanese cars would likely cost a few grand to fix. not worth a reschedulable little pruning job or two, to risk it. For the few days of snow we get down here, I stay home for most of them. A day off with a reason so the wife doesnt get on my case for not working every day of the week. :)
Dont knock it, get plowing!

Man January has been a drought here, which is kind of a blessing for me.

Tomorrow's Friday anyways I might just take the day off too.

Left in spitting sleet....wore enough layers that I hoped I'd be done before the cold got to me. BUT....it stopped soon enough instead of getting heavier. The ground was still hard frozen from yesterday so the morning went easy. Paul, I thought of you again....I was tickled a year or two (?) back when we chatted about steering tractors with their brakes. I'm getting pretty good at a quick 90* turn between the rock ledges I feed on. :D

:D have fun Che! I gotta be honest, I had a small rental car a few weeks back for a day, with the handbrake by the shifter in the floor.... I pulled off a couple ebrake u-turns for old times sake, my helperguy got a little nervous when I said, hold on, I am going to try something.
:D
and yes, I did it when there was NO traffic anywhere near me and I wasnt going fast.

Right now the air temp here is -16F
the feels like temp with wind chill factored in is -34F

coldest day yet!!

Went for a long walk with my wife and dogs yesterday. Walked through this vineyard next to the river.
Sun was shining, and it was real nice and warm. For the first time this year I got to wear shorts.
:P

couple above freezing, drizzle.... the usual for this time of year.

Watching the weather station and the new this morning it looks like it will be clearing up this morning, then beautiful the rest of the week. Windchill bringing it as low as -7 though :O

maybe, last sunday they had the little sun with cloud pictures for the whole week, turned out a bit crappier. I shall be optimistic tho, as usual. :) Is tree guy going to the tree failure assessor thing in Surrey in a couple weeks?

No. He hasn't mentioned it anyways. When is it? We're away snowboarding at Sunpeaks the 31st to Feb 3. Then we're doing a family cruise to the Caribbean for Tree Guy's grandparent's 60th anniversary the second week of March. He's trying to work lots before then.

He's really sick with a flu right now too so he may not make it to the show Tues/Wed.

No. He hasn't mentioned it anyways. When is it? We're away snowboarding at Sunpeaks the 31st to Feb 3. Then we're doing a family cruise to the Caribbean for Tree Guy's grandparent's 60th anniversary the second week of March. He's trying to work lots before then.

He's really sick with a flu right now too so he may not make it to the show Tues/Wed.

Natalie, which islands will you stop at? Do you originate out of Miami?

TGW, dont wear any bright yellow tee shirts near the keys, they might put try you to work!!

It's 4 right now, not sure about wind chill. I don't think we will have a high today. We topped out at 14 yesterday. Global warming my ass.:D

Hi Gigi,

We're going out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our stops are San Juan, St. Thomas, Catalina Island & Campa de Campo (one of those cruise line owned resorts) which are in the DR, then Nassau. We've been to St. Thomas & Nassau before and Punta Cana in DR. We are excited to see San Juan.

Back