What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 482K
Beautiful pictures, Gerry,

Today it was another sunny day. Warmer than usual for sure. I was able to walk to Walgreens at 6:30pm with just a long sleeve shirt on.

@Kaveman, it's been cloudy the entire time over there? Damn? You're only three hours away from me and we've only had one or two cloudy, rainy days in the last week.

Water's ponding the yard, and rain is continuing. This weather's bullshit.

On a funnier note, I just saw Blackie attempt to get a squirrel. Spot would have a reasonable shot at, but that derpy oaf would have as much success trying to catch an ostrich :^D

We got a break. Soon to go back to it though. And some snow. Just a reminder that winter aint over yet. Nice sunny day today. Might get a couple days of work in this week 🤪

We had a lot of rain and snow melt. My parents backyard was very soft during the maple removal. One of the divots was about 8” deep and it actually had several inches of water in it after a little time.

Sounds truly horrible! Burning brush on a nice 70 degree day! Oh the horror of it all!

35 foggy thick pea soup fog, no wind calm dead calm. 14”+ of snow melted down to two inches in a week. With a possibility of heavy mat usage in the next two weeks. Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of sun deprivation and vitamin D deficiency.

It's 73 degrees Fahrenheit. I even took my shirt off on the walk home from Walgreens because I started sweating carrying a bunch of crap. Sunny as can be...what a surprise.

Blustery storm blew in last night. Branches down out back. I have not climbed and got all our hangers out yet. Just been focusing on the ground clean up.
So going into about a week of rain with maybe a break on Saturday before more rain. Might work Saturday if we are not snow bound.

Do you get many uprooted trees where you're at Stephen? It's the time of year for that here. Lots of rain, then the February winds come and blow the trees over.

It's 73 degrees as of this post. It's warm as f*ck and I walked to my pharmacy this morning when it was colder with just a t-shirt on. I know all of you central to eastern friends are jealous. Our winter is a joke. But we have a summer that pretty much prevents us from engaging in any outdoor activities. It gets so hot in the summer that my cameras stop working because they overheat. We're talking up to 120 degree heat. So enjoy your winter, because our summers are basically your winters as far a restriction of outdoor activities. Just saying. Hot take. Literally HOT take.

Last edited:
Back