What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Been getting plenty of great, icy dunks lately but today is very much in doubt :whine:

Woodstove is barely keeping up. It was 48° at the therostat when I woke up this morning. Last time I looked, it was 49° after a few hours burning.

That was me all yesterday. Couldn’t get the house above 68* finally hit 70* around 5 this morning. That was also when we got back to an outside temp of 0*. Sitting nice at 72* and my garage is back up to 60*

I went outside for 5 minutes in shorts and at shirt for the invigorating feeling. Feels like -9* here when I did it. Not as extreme as cold water but fun none the less.
I used to do that as my morning wake up. I would go out and have a cup of coffee in my underwear and wouldn’t come in till it was gone. My wife would yell at me saying something about the neighbors. What neighbors are up and looking at my house at 5 am. And they deserve to see me if they got eyes that good

Well, all you lot shivering around your monitors and phones if your lucky enough to have power yet, put your hands up close and warm them, happy to share our warmth, as were forecast for only 38C today, or 100 in the old money, was a bit cooler yesterday at 37, with rumbling electrical storms about, thankfully no lightning strikes nearby.

Could do with the tail end of the cool breeze you lot have been hit with to bring things down to a more civilised temperature :).

Swim!!!! Are you part of the polar bear club!!? Lol
I get it you are near the opposite side of the planet and all. But there is no open water anywhere close aside from Lake Michigan that does not require a chainsaw to open.
Nope nope and did I say nope!!
In Bermuda when Christmas Day is 70odd and calm and sunny some folks go for a swim, water would be about 65...too cold for me.
In Tassie, the water never even GETS to 65, so... NOPE!!!

Back