What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Nope, but it will make good ground cover, and improve the soil.

gotta be positive about it.

They're really copping it in a lot of places water is still rising and the rain has stopped for now.

I was working down south once a couple of hours from Balranald on a sheep station when a drought broke. Flat as a tack down there it'd make Montana look hilly.
They told us to get out within two weeks, it was raining up north. It banks back up when the Darling meets the Murray, that's what's happening now around Echuca I think. They reckon it'll be another two weeks before it stops, poor buggers. Moree's about two hours from here and it's pretty bad there.

More rain. Our river (Mcquarie) is up to moderate flood level again. SES has been flat out for two days up north. Apparently it's going to snow next week. Gotta love late spring.
Our back paddock has 2" of water in places, can't mow.
Floods last week caused some major landslides about an hr away.

Rain maybe by the middle of the week in time to screw with my schedule since its not screwed up enough with three trucks down as is still the mini skid.
Up side, temps were lovely yesterday. Perfect weather for pulling a motor and getting it set on a pallet for pick up today.

couple hard freezes in a row. Spider flower has survived surprisingly. Cauliflower still growing. Got it in quite late because of how dry we were. Hopeful I will get some small heads anyway. Farming is always a crap shoot. I quit growing it to take to market a couple years ago. More work than money.

Warm today, and rainy tonight. Good for me I guess, but bad for the kids. I don't remember ever missing a halloween when I was a kid. Kinda sucks, but easier for me. I bought chocolate covered nut bars this year, so I won't be stuck with a bunch of candy I don't really want. I'll take them to work. They're "healthy". Kinda LoL. Better than a Snickers, but it's on par with putting a filter on a cigarette. They give the illusion of health, and provide a few more nutrients, but also taste great, so it isn't a shitty treat to give out.

Warm as hell here. Pretty sure it broke 70° today, and it's gonna be ±70° over the next few. Sucks. I'm tired of sweating.

I just fueled up & test ran my first genny ( like yours) yesterday and ordered a second for the other house.

Made it here within 24 hrs of order directly from Wen. Each was $399.99 total cost.

Last edited:
Yep, the rain is here. I'd better go run my generators. That way I won't need them.

Hard to move away from the wood stove to go into the rain.

Snow on the I-90 pass last night.

I just fueled up & test ran my first genny ( like yours) yesterday and ordered a second for the other house.

Made it here within 24 hrs of order directly from Wen. Each was $399.99 total cost.
That is a hella good deal. I am mildly thinking about getting another 2250 WEN, with the linking kit. Price is right just now.

Back