What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Rain, and more rain. National Weather Service says in the last 45 days we have had measurable precipitation on 31 of them. That's at the Portland OR airport...here in the Cascade foothills where I live it is several more days than that, I'm sure.

It has been nice the last two days. Low 80’s and dry, good breeze Friday. Upper 70’s dry pleasant breeze. Low 40’s tonight.

Been a bone dry spring, but now when we were supposed to cut the hay tomorrow, it is raining.

Can't win.
Big snow dump on the mountains last week. Frosty or close to it most mornings now.
Saw mammatus (spelling ?) clouds for the first time yesterday...the ones that look like boobies.

It's been an amazing couple days. If this is what summer was, I'd be totally cool with summer(after an appropriate fall and winter of course).

GDqH1yD.png

I almost sweat perceptibly today. I was down to a think synthetic Arborwear shirt, Arborwear tech II pants, gloves, buff and helmet. Buff, muffs and a visor add a perceptible amount of heat. I'm ready to put my mesh screen on. It cuts the sun a bit.

I like buffs...covers the neck pretty well, and kept the moss at bay. I can hold my breath while cutting (sometimes stopping cutting for a couple breaths, then recommence breath-holding and cutting) so sawdust isn't so bad, unless the wind is going the wrong way. Very mossy maples today, in places inches thick.

It was relatively cool again, so I made grass shorter today. Only got to about 80°. I keep thinking *this* will be the last cool(ish) day, but then another one comes up. Not complaining. Spider season's started. I guess I can complain about that. Seems like it might be a bit early this year, but I never tracked it closely.

Not sure it got to 80° today. Just got past a hot spell, and it's calling for 89° Thursday, but temps will drop again. No 90s in the forecast. It's been unusually cool this year. Hope it means a real winter is coming, but I doubt it.

Back