What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
Well I do believe it did snow in Bermuda at least once in the last 200 years .

Nope, no, not ever....never!

We rarely even get hail...that will make the front page of the newspaper, I used to pick it up and put in the freezer when I was a kid...

Its slushing out now and the dogs go out n come in go out n come so every thing is wet thank god for the wood stove

Hah should be guaranteed money now! They just doubled the 4" to 8" on the radio forecast. I don't have tv, rots the brain.

Hah should be guaranteed money now! They just doubled the 4" to 8" on the radio forecast. I don't have tv, rots the brain.

Good for you.

The rain is washing away the salt and freezing over the sand. I think I may be backing down the driveway with the sander going.

Been up the last three hours; freezing rain is bringing shit down all over my neighborhood. Three of my neighbors have trees down, two just missed the houses.

Oh yeah... this'll be fun.

Nuttin like playing in icy trees.. ohhhh that's right.. you have a bucket ;) Well here's hoping you can get the bucket to the work Erik :)
Can't wait till Sat-Sun... We should have a few calls for live oaks that fell over due to snow if we get enough. Especially since it's supposed to hit lower elevations. Nice wet heavy snow :D

Squish, 5 - 10 CM predicted here tomorrow, maybe a smidge more Sat. get that plow greased and the sander filled, you should be a busy fella the next few. -17C!!!! predicted down here for thursday of next week, yikes!

No ice here, just buckets and buckets of rain. I was supposed to head out to Worcester with my Commissioner to get a tour of the ALB infestation area, but considering schools are closed out there due to the ice I think we'll probably stay in the Bean and thak god for the coastal effect:)

blinky, yur not supposed to eat them! and quit hanging cat food cans in the trees!

I don't eat'em... I use'em for bait. Dog may be a little greasy but the flavor is downright delicate.

Besides, trees with cats in them are the only felling work I'm getting right now.

:evil:

Squish, 5 - 10 CM predicted here tomorrow, maybe a smidge more Sat. get that plow greased and the sander filled, you should be a busy fella the next few. -17C!!!! predicted down here for thursday of next week, yikes!

Yahhhhhh! The snow just started about 2hrs ago here. Bring it.:evil:

Snow yesterday, 60's today, upper 70's this weekend. 8)

god bless Texas. but I'm flying back to VA on the 16th, might have to go north, and hit the ice storm. who needs help?

Not really any ice on the roads, but the trees around here are reminiscent of Yucca Flats.

Power will be out until Tuesday, they're estimating.

Just got in from slashing a shitload of people out of their driveways. Looks like we'll be busy into late spring, now.

Not really any ice on the roads, but the trees around here are reminiscent of Yucca Flats.

Power will be out until Tuesday, they're estimating.

Just got in from slashing a shitload of people out of their driveways. Looks like we'll be busy into late spring, now.

I dont understand the reference E, whats up, big storm out your way?

Yucca Flats is a nuclear bomb test range.

Yeah, major ice storm.

BBS... don't smile too hard- I can still post enough to break your balls. ;)

You aren't doing any treework, are you Erik?

All storm damage, at the moment. Just getting people mobile. In a few days, the real stuff starts. 8)

Had to back the whole tree chipper thru parts of Hubbardston and cut and chip just to get through. :roll:

Power is still off; we're running on a neighbors' genset right now. This storm should cost a few million before it's all cleaned up.

Couple pics from today:

We got some serious rain last night. Left a five gallon pail outside at work yesterday at 4:30, was overflowing this morning. If it'd been below freezing, I'd probably still be chipping the ice off the windshield.

Wow Erik that's severe. I have not seen ice like that since I was in Worcester about 1982 or '83. Bet the roads were no fun either with a coat of ice on them. Looks like you are going to have your work cut out for ya !

Back