What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 490K
Oddly, the roads themselves were fine earlier, no ice. They're freezing up now that the temp has dropped, though.

Nothing like working a good ice storm!!!! 100lbs of ice on a ten pound branch. Draggingheavy brush over icy grass and falling on your butt and having the crap freeze to your gloves!!
Then run home real quick to fuel up the genset, unload and go back again.
Good times Eric, good times!!!:lol:

gonna be about 70 here in Beaumont TX. today and warmer tomorrow.8)

wet as hell though, the 4" of snow lasted till noon.

I leave tuesday, back to VA and cold weather, cause I'll end up in Mass.:cry:

NeTree, what sort of temperatures there to get that ice?

Mild here, but the news says winter starts again tomorrow. Back to the fuzzy long johns.

Just woke up to rain and flurries.. Bit chilly out there. Phone is ringing off the hook for us to burn brush. I keep trying to convince them we have a schedule and will be getting to everyone ;)
So we are dressing warm... Taking the 500,000 BTU torches and going to make fires to keep warm out there...

My parents came by today with a new outdoor thermometer for me,
This one has both celsius and fahrenheit on the scale, so I don't have to do the whole conversion thing anymore, to talk to you'all, great.

It is precisely 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside here, and something like semi-congealed water is falling from the sky.
Nasty stuff!

My parents came by today with a new outdoor thermometer for me,
This one has both celsius and fahrenheit on the scale, so I don't have to do the whole conversion thing anymore, to talk to you'all, great.

It is precisely 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside here, and something like semi-congealed water is falling from the sky.
Nasty stuff!

dihydrogen monoxide again?:lol:

:lol:

We Americans demand you convert in order to speak to us... :lol::lol:

Even though the entire rest of the world uses the metric system we will not... (Sort of like GB refusing to adopt the euro...)

:lol:

We Americans demand you convert in order to speak to us... :lol::lol:

Even though the entire rest of the world uses the metric system we will not... (Sort of like GB refusing to adopt the euro...)

Hey, we refuse to adopt the euro too!

At least you guys drive on the right side of the road. That left side driving is really confusing. Not so much when you are in a car, where the steering wheel is placed in the "wrong" side too, but when I worked in New Zealand, I got up real early one morning, still more than half asleep and took a tractor out on the road. Someone in a Ford Transit came the other way, an I remember thinking.................what is that idiot doing in my side of the road.
Wake up call!
We didn't hit each other, but that kiwi needed a new pair of undies for sure.

pffft, nothin on the valley floor, supposed to snow all day and it quit right after it got started. mountains are white, went up there and got into 2 inches

Well it somewhat started today with rain then flurries, but nuttin stuck. Will be in the 29ish temp tonight with snow... this is supposed to last through Monday... Still trying to find the amount index forecast. So far supposed to go from snow to rain to snow to ... anyway .... we shall see. I am at 3200 feet and we usually get more than what they say on my hill. Microclimate thang ...

I'm trying to guess what it's going to do here, about as well as they do:?
It started out getting cold tomorow, really cold Monday then snow Tues and Thurs. Then they took out everything but the cold part. Now it's going to get cold tomorow, then freezing rain tomorow night and snow Tues.
I just got a call to do some dirt work. I told him if he wanted it done we'd better do it in the am!!
Should be an interesting day:roll:

Heck Andy.. ya just get out and go fur it... Worst case... turn around and go to a warm home and sit it out if it gets too bad. Now granted I am not pulling wood out from 90 miles away ;)
If I can get out of the driveway, I will work if I have it ;)

No Stephan, this is a dirt work job, they need some grading done on the place. I guess a trench line berm is causing drainage issues around the foundation and they need it cut down.
I wish I had my tooth bar done, but it should be soft enough that I can do it alright with the smooth bucket. I was told I could get the big machine (Bobcat 763) for the job, but I am afraid it will track too badly.
The wood MIGHT come Monday depending on how bad it ices over.
Keep in mind, I bought this machine to "multi-task". Diversity makes the buck right now!!

Back