What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
Looks like we are going to have an ice storm tomorrow. Sand and salt locked and loaded. 55*F today with rain and wind.

We're supposed to get our first real snow on Friday, we'll see I guess. I'd be starving this winter if it weren't for the new parking lots at my hospital gig that are sweating up a storm, sand them every morning.

5cm predicted for Friday night, 1-5cm for saturday. I havea 3km commute to my job both days, bring it. :)

4" SNOW HERE IN SE TEXAS

hasn't snowed in Beaumont since the 80's.

Be a LOT of accidents today for sure.:what:
people drive bad here in good weather.

My sister lived in New Orleans when the ice storm hit. She was the only one to get out and drive anywhere!!! Shut the town down for three days!!

My sister lived in New Orleans when the ice storm hit. She was the only one to get out and drive anywhere!!! Shut the town down for three days!!

Did that in Dallas once when the roads iced over. Drove from West FT. Worth to DFW and I doubt I saw more than 10 other cars on the road... there were bunches of'em off the road though. I miss driving on ice and snow, Pennsylvania mountains and West Virginia are a blast in winter.

..and it's raining here, after a week of nice weather without paying work, I bagged two good jobs yesterday and it's supposed to rain and get cold... gadammit. Thank god cats climb trees or I wouldn't have eaten last week.

A balmy 10F, light dusting of snow to cover up the dirty snow. supposed to have a little more today, possible blizzard conditions on Sat and Sun, anywhere from a trace to 10" they haven't decided yet. Just normal. It is helping the ice on the lakes however so I will be out fishing soon.

33*F out there right now, and drizzling...I've got 4 minutes to enjoy this nice warm toasty house before I have to get out on the tractor. We got 2 inches of (badly needed) rain yesterday. Paul, think I'll be steering with the brakes today!!

YUK!!!!!

looks good, won't last. maybe another couple hours. NO traffic on the road, must have shut down most of Texas.:D

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 36
5cm predicted for Friday night, 1-5cm for saturday. I havea 3km commute to my job both days, bring it. :)

I'd be re-scheduling if I were you Paul. The coast doesn't have a good track record for winter drivers. I'm sure you'd be fine but all it takes is some idiot sliding into you. We're supposed to get 10cm, finally!

Frig 4"s, of snow, is impressive around here this year.

I'd take snow right now. Better than this ice storm crap. We haven't had anything plowable yet. Sure glad I put new tires on the truck though. It's gettin' hairy out there.

I've actually plowed only once so far and it didnt even trigger all my sites only the 1" sites. 4"s will trigger everything for me and that will mean probably 30hrs of pushing spread over 2 days.:D I've got a 12hr service route for our telephone company that is 24-48hrs after a 3" trigger. A sweet little gig to extend my days.

Last year I had plowed atleast 10 times by this point in the season. Today I went and did treework again this morning. Brutally mild winter so far.

Back