What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
Paul, Jason was referring to the geographical altitude. The air is a lot thinner out there in that part of the world due to the high 6000' elevation. The lack of oxygen knocked me for a loop when I went out and worked with Justin a few years ago. Butch and I are used to the abundance of oxygen down near sea level.

I go back and forth from sea level to 7000+ feet with great frequency, and spend a few weeks backpacking each year at 6000 to 8000 feet. I never notice the elevation factor.

I have always wondered why.

How much different is the amount of oxygen in air at 50 ft. vs. say 1500 ft.?

Paul, Jason was referring to the geographical altitude. The air is a lot thinner out there in that part of the world due to the high 6000' elevation. The lack of oxygen knocked me for a loop when I went out and worked with Justin a few years ago. Butch and I are used to the abundance of oxygen down near sea level.

I figured that after I posted. :) I am a sea level kinda guy too, I spent a few hours in denver airport on a layover a few years ago, didnt notice a difference but all I was doing was walking around the airport for a spell.

I do notice the difference in O2 when I have gone camping a few times in the BC interior. A buddy's family had a cabin near Kamloops, BC (just checked Goggle earth, says 3200ft) and it was a bit of a hill to get to the lake, always lost my breathe by the time I climbed back up.

I was suppose to start a 3 day removal of a large oak tree. Suppose to be rain free for as long as they could see.

Wake up to it raining and lightening. They change their "predictions" to show that today was going to be wet all day, but that tomorrow was going to be bright and sun shinny.

down pour last evening, and my F-I-L has hay down :dur: supposed to get a little of old monkeys thunder tommorrow

I notice the altitude at about 5000', conversly when I return home to about 100' I am ironman for a few days.

Usually the elevation does not bother people until you get to around 8-10,000 feet .

Where we hunted at west of Vail Col it was around 10-11,000 feet and it did get me once ,but only once .It's like you just run out of gas ,kind of .I was fine after about two days .http://areas.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?areaname=White River National Forest

On the map the area is just north of Eagle about 20 miles up the mountain across the mighty Colorado river which is only about 50 feet wide at that point .

It was to nice up here to work today, so instead I went around and collected some money(as well as gave some to the dentist), in shorts too!!8)

89, 13mph winds, the surf was low, no white caps and Bubba and I were BUMS!!! Never even left the room until the wife came home wanting to go to dinner!

Back