What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 492K
Pretty nice here today, hot and not to humid. Within the last 10 minutes the sky turned dark and trees are starting to get tossed around...storm on the way.

102 at 11A. Too hot to work. Took my dog for a walk and she just stopped on the trail, sat down and watched me continue to walk along. I turned back and we headed on home.

Smokey and getting hot this week. Just cleared from our local fires and now the smoke from the coast is here I gather. Supposed to be in the hundred mark here and 110 in the lowlands. Gotta love putting almost 3000 feet between ya self and the low lands.. HEHE

BTW that was the forecast for this week... just gonna get hotter .. hence the 110 low lands Steve. Hey come up and have some BBQ... we probably gonna be 10 degrees cooler here... LOL

dont need to fire up the bbq with this hot weather. Just throw a piece of tin out in the yard and wait 5 minutes for it to heat up. (wash it first)

no... first marinade... did a teriyaki and a bbq marinade ( ex chef) and cooked over mesquite on oak coals... ohhh jeeez... aint there a diffy room for this kinda thread.. LOL

If I didn't have a crapload of work to do I would. I gather you guys keep pretty busy with the fire clearance work? I have done only one fire clearance job and that was in Modesto along Dry Creek, clearing weeds and planting rosemary and some other stupid bush. I just got my bucket truck running and the first thing that happened is that I wore my crew out. So I have my kid and his friend lined up for Friday this week. My guys can rest after a 4 day week.

We do a lot of fire clearance here in the hills and mountains. LOVE IT. We try and keep as much "woods" as possible with spacing and such. I guess it is like landscaping with a chainsaw. We also try and pretty up as much natural features as possible for the clients while fire safety clearing. It is a wonderful season we look forward to.. After chipping... burning as you go during burning season is fun. Us pyros love it and the drag gets shorter with less rigging attached. LOL. CDF keeps us busy this time of year with citations.. Yeah!.. lol I call what we do a growth industry... Hey the brush keeps growing and we have to keep cutting it... Job Security.... HHEHEHEE... Limbing does well here in this aspect also... most trees with in the parameter have ot be 10 feet limbed clearance. Trees over houses also in this reguard.
My crew probably would cringe at your bucket truck.. heck they cringe when I pole saw... lol.. amazing how much brush can be put on the ground with one... let alone when we climb.... HEHEHE

P.S. My 5 year old splits wood with a 25 ton splitter... ,y two year old stacks what his brother splits and helps load the truck(both of them) adult supervised of course.. But I do have a pic somewhere of the 5 year old when he was 4 draggin part of a tree 3 inch in diameter by 12 foot plus long with brush attached... heheh... Yes they feed burn piles too... mostly small sticks for the two year old. My crew is always amazed..lol...

friggen hot and I am sooo happy I dont reside in Arizona anymore.
106 today at 2:30pm...
TG for the swamp cooler, a cold shower, and a lovin woman..
And a cold beer

Last edited:
Well, another hot day and its 105 F. Second day of weed eating with brush cutters on this accounts place. I think we must take down the grass on the better part of 20 acres this year.. Job got bigger. Hot again tomarrow. Finish the weed eat and then some branching. I think he is thinking of scheduling two more days this summer for brushing and branching. Hard to believe I would ever see $1000.00 weed eat jobs... Who wudda thunk it.

Back