What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 505K
That is a curious bit of phrasing. I think this should be the official Treehouse definition. It's a good match...

"The origins of this idiom are unclear, but it has been in use for many years. It is believed that the term may have originated from logging camps in North America, where workers would clear areas of forest and create small communities in remote locations."

Could be nonsense though. There's other given possibilities, and the couple sites I looked at were basically ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Turned my ac on for the first time today. I wanted to hold off til July, but I was doing dishes, and sweating cause my hands were in hot water. It was 81° at the thermostat, and I set the ac to 80°. Amazing the difference 1° can make, especially with the added dryness.

The summer turned on after weeks of bad weather, as suddenly as the others changes lately. No progressiveness at all.
Today, I unloaded about 3 yards of chips from my van. It was there since wednesday because I was too late for the chip yard. In less than 3 days, the biological activity went full gear. It was like emptying an oven..

A little break from the heat today. It's 58 right now. Alternating storms, heating/cooling, and wind. The storm I mentioned earlier in the thread did a huge amount of damage. Probably 100 yards wide x 1/2 mile long zone of total destruction.

70°, cloudy with scattered thunderstorms. A fine day for treework.

Need more rain, soon, stage two will lead to stage three and forest closure, at which point I'll be royally screwed. No forest means no camping...

Turned my ac on for the first time today. I wanted to hold off til July, but I was doing dishes, and sweating cause my hands were in hot water. It was 81° at the thermostat, and I set the ac to 80°. Amazing the difference 1° can make, especially with the added dryness.
What's this air conditioning thing you speak of? :)

Man, I wish ac was optional here. I mean it's always technically optional, and I went without it for years, but it sucks. I'd like to be able to open the windows and think "Man! This feels great!"

Back