What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 477K
70s today. This weather makes me feel sick. Dunno what it is, but hot weather in the spring and fall makes me feel physically ill. I don't get that in the summer. Worst fall ever. The trees just gave up, and dumped their leaves. They probably got tired of waiting too. Supposed to be nice Sunday(53°, cloudy, drizzle), then back to upper 60s next week for work :bangshead:

My back's feeling a little weird, but I hope it holds out for Sunday. Sounds like it'll be a perfect day to take my apple removal on.

Le Sigh...

"Periods of rain, mainly after 9am. High near 46. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible."

It's actually a beautiful fall day, but it's raining too hard to take on my apple tree. Been up since 6am waiting. If not for my left hand neighbors, I'd have hit the tree early. Screw the ones on the right. But alas, 7am is too early for running saws. Maybe next week...

That's about the absolute coldest it gets here Jim, or it used to anyway. Aside from nighttime lows, I can't remember the last 15° day. I don't mind it in January, but October's too early for that stuff :^D

edit:
Rain had stopped for a bit, so I put my boots on, and went out to get my saw setup, and it started raining again. Not a lot, but I don't want to be in the position of being up in a tree I'm not completely comfortable with anyway, and getting dumped on. I think I'll have to officially call the day done. I guess I'll go out later and see if the winesap apples are in at the market, and pickup some eggs. Probably won't rain anymore...

edit2:
Rain's continued, so that's good. No worrying over lost opportunity. Got my apples, but I left my small bill wallet in my work bag, so I had to get 2 dozen eggs since I didn't have change. Also scored some maple/walnut icecream. Got my stove vacuumed out, so I might make a small fire later. Dunno if it's cold enough yet. It's definitely cold/wet enough for some Laphroaig scotch, so that's what I'm gonna pour now :^)

Last edited:
I'd like to live somewhere a snowmobile made sense. Even better, one where it's considered normal transportation, and no one gives you shit about it.

Mid 20's this morning, beauty of a clear star filled sky last night, sunny today. Won't get over 45, NOAA says. Nice weather indeed.

It was a fine fall day today. Overcast the whole day, and it never hit 50°. Frost warning tonight. Debating whether or not to close my bedroom window. Leaning towards "no".

Had a fire last night to take the chill out of the house, and now I have the door open for the same reason. It's gonna be hot and wet today; ~65°. I hope we get winter this year, but so far it isn't promising :^/

We had Winter yesterday...snowed all day & covered the grass...then rained yesterday and it's all gone now...that wasn't so bad...

They are predicting snow for all of Ohio, eastern Indiana, a portion of lower Michigan the first of next week .I just finished loading a trailer full of fire wood .and will tarp it down in a short bit .

Yea, it's raining it's ass off here. Sump pump's chugging away, and there's pools in the backyard. 60°. Sucks...

~57° today. Pretty awful for the middle of December. I opened the door to warm the house up. It's cooler out now, but I'm leaving the door open for a bit. Got a fire going. Burning up some of the last spruce I have that isn't in stump form for making Swedish candles. Hope we get some winter this year, but it isn't promising so far. I'm starting to think winter's a thing of the past...

Got a smidgen of snow last night, sorta slushy stuff that has now frozen to treacherous slick on roads and the decks and outdoor stairs.

1.3" of rain today, northen part of the state got a pretty good dumping of snow.

This was our first significant rain in over 2 months. Farmers had a good run at harvest this year.

Ed

Back