What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Since I am now a house husband/homeschool teacher and taxi driver service to medical treatment part of the week, it is easier for me to do meals while school is going on. So Beef Stew tonight since we have cooler temps. I cooked off some extra red red potatoes for either turkey pot pie or maybe some potato salad. Betting on the salad. 20230822_161720.jpg

Last edited:
I realize ya'll are posting on here when you're eating things of interest, but I really don't care if I look like I have the palette of someone with no tongue. I had Taco Bell tonight and it was freaking amazing. Thanks for listening. I'd show you the food, but I ate it all. Poor planning on my part.

I like TacoBell every so often. In fact, I love it til I don't. I get on kicks where I start going kind of frequently. After a short while I get tired of it, and quit going for a few months til it starts again.

I'm trying something new: ripe eggplant, and datil pepper in my dinner. I hope I don't regret the pepper.

I let the cat snif the super hot pepper before cutting it. He opened wide for a bite, but I didn't let him.

Around 20 pepper plants in the garden among other things. All but one are not spicy. The cat stays inside, so it doesn't eat peppers, but it does like pepper leaves.

Do you grow an eclectic variety of peppers? What kinds? I might know a few, but I'm not deeply understood in this area of gardening. What's your hottest?

Just 3. Corbaci, which has either no spice, or the smallest detectable amount, but a very distinct flavor resembling banana peppers. Etiuda, which is very good and fruity, no spice at all. And Datil, an orange pepper with similar flavor to Etiuda, but much smaller and more or less as hot as Habenero.

The ripe eggplant didn't taste bad raw in small quantities, but I ended up picking it out of my food. It's just nasty somehow.

It has been unseamly hot hgere lately, and I have spent a week being sick as a dog.
By product of the Leukemia, when I get sick, I get SICK!!!
Finally got back on my feet yesterday.
Today we opted for chocolate ice cream from a small local producer and corn on the cob.
Weird and unhealthy combination, but it was good.

Got to talking about Corn; it wasn't till late 80es that the climate had warmed up enough and they had come up with a cold weather strain, so you could grow corn under the open sky in Denmark.
Sweet corn, that is.
Corn for cattle feed is an oilder crop here.

Firstly, I ate my pride and apologized to my girlfriend for being a dick last night.

See what I did there? Zing!

Secondly, I also had a breakfast for dinner: Scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, melted shredded cheese, diced onion, sliced Bell pepper, diced potato...I think that's it...I just mixed it all together...no omelet or anything like that. I washed it down with 100 proof vodka mixed with orange juice or as you bartending folks call it, a "Screwdriver." They probably call it that because it loosens you up....or not...who knows...artistic license, I suppose. I think I'll go for a drive now. Just kidding haha

Home made spicy tomato soup tonight over some greens.
View attachment 132127

Your cooking looks restaurant quality. Always beautiful presentations. I'm sure it has flavor to match.

I've never been much of a cook...of food at least...

I can perform a reductive amination like a seasoned professional, though.

And although I am not great with the proper use of table salt...

I know how to use reducing agents such as lithium aluminum hydride to produce imine or iminium salts.

That's right, I'm talking about chemistry. Kitchen chemistry is arguably just as important, and both fields of study save more lives than probably any other.

As the kids these days would say: #facts