What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I took my mom, dad, wife and kids out to our better restaurant tonight. All their favorite things to eat at a favorite spot. Known the chef/owner for years now. Gerry and Terry had dinner with us there when they came to visit. Lilly had never been and Levi was just a baby last family meal there. Seth brought his new lady friend. Katy had the salmon with Pesto. I and the boys a beatiful NY cooked to perfection. Barely needed chewing. Mom shrimp alfredo. Lilly and dad, chicken alfredo. I should have ordered the scallops with the steak. But i was saving roomfor some pie :)
Lovely evening with flowers and cards exchanged.
I remember our dinner there Stephen. It was excellent, as was the company. From there we went to the karaoke bar and had a great time.

I made creamy spinach and mushroom pasta, a recipe from my new Spanish youtube guru.
He uses smoked paprika a lot, so last time I ordered olive oil from my Spanish source, i got some of that, too.
Sure adds a nice touch.

I made creamy spinach and mushroom pasta, a recipe from my new Spanish youtube guru.
He uses smoked paprika a lot, so last time I ordered olive oil from my Spanish source, i got some of that, too.
Sure adds a nice touch.
That smoked paprika definitely is a flavor changer. Way different from plain paprika.

I was going to make a curry, but came across a bunch of absolutely perfect white Asparagus from Holland.
So I made Asparagus Risotto instead.
Since I happened to have a chunk of Grand Cru Gruyere in the fridge, it turned out really well.

Sounds good. I used to brew a Grand Cru Ale that was really good and very strong, yet light on the pallet. How does a Grand Cru Gruyere come to be? Is there a wine component to it?

After the nth time opening the fridge and hoping something appeared since the last time, I settled on this...

20210522_183408.jpg

I'll probably get something else later, but this works for now. The Breton sea salt really makes it. The tears of the handworkers toiling in the sun takes the flavor to a whole new level.

After the nth time opening the fridge and hoping something appeared since the last time, I settled on this...

View attachment 111204

I'll probably get something else later, but this works for now. The Breton sea salt really makes it. The tears of the handworkers toiling in the sun takes the flavor to a whole new level.
Oh, and at least you had your bdu's on in the picture!

Last edited:
Absolutely, leftovers count :).

An old, now very old, friend of ours said that in her kitchen there was a category of leftovers known as "planed-overs"...that being a recipe that the chef cooked enough quantity that she knew there would be sufficient to make another dinner or two from what was left after the first meal.

We do that with great regularity here. Maybe not the whole meal...a pot of chowder does the trick, but fresh bread and a new salad make it a winner...or putting more than the single night's chicken, or pork chops, or salmon fillet, on the smoker grill to allow another dinner to revolve around the "planed-overs".

Quinoa grows well here on the coast. Not far from us are acres and acres of rainbow quinoa. When it is in bloom it is an array of yellows, golds, reds, and maroons waving in the breeze. Very beautiful!

It looks like a cereal grain head. Really frilly and dense. Feathery. Even though the bloom is such vibrant colors, the grain remains a light gray, almost brown color.