What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

They are cutting weight for a big tourney! Oh to be a bubbling pot of testosterone and hangery again. Younger bro is 15 and 6feet tall already. We were doing some pyramid reps on bench and a score needed to be settled. Little bro can't lift but he sure can hit.

@stig you and your mail order bride may like this.

That recipe does sound yummy.
When I can drive a car again, i'll go shopping and try it out.

Not dinner, breakfast.
Since I'm housebound, I got my sourdough starter going again and started making sourdough pancakes for breakfast when the mail order bride comes home from her night shift.
Makes both her and the dog happy.

Just spent some time on the net searching for Vermont maple syrup, the stuff we can buy in stores here is too light for my taste.

Shipping price kills that idea for me.

Nice looking beans, Jim.
Did you grow those?

I made a lentil stew last week, from organically grown lentils.
Sure made me think of you.

@stikine , I was drooling over your oven roasted potatoes.
When I do them, I basically cut über large fries, toss them in a plastic bag, add olive oil, salt and either rosemary or thyme, shake everything up and spread them on a baking pan.
I'll usually do some sort of dressing, either a tahine-yoghurt one or a bluecheese.

Yours look VERY different, could I have the recipe, please.

The mail order bride is a huge fan of oven roasted potatoes.

I guess I don't really have a recipe per se but I like the organic baby potatoes and cut them in half. I just toss them with olive oil and seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, parsley) then roast them on a pyrex dish at 350 F. I don't even know for how long but somewhere around 35-45 minutes. I like to turn them or mix them up about half way during the bake to help keep them from sticking and to more evenly brown them.

See, I thought they were big size potatoes, cut in half.

Also, they looked kinda red.

Now I'm wiser.

Thank you.

Prawns dredged in minced fresh garlic and a spicy Hungarian paprika, then topped with panko mixed with melted butter, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh ground black pepper...then broiled for 10 minutes. Served with long cooked grits richened with whole milk. Big fresh salad.

Not too bad :).

Went all out tonight...

IMG_20210218_175858.jpg

:^P

Chorizo Ibérico, and some Manchego cheese to keep it all Spanish. I might have some salted celery later if I'm still hungry.