What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

The last tomatoes from the poly tunnel, succhini, red bell pepper, cauliflower,garlic and onions chopped coarsely, coated with oilve oil , tossed with the kast herbs from the garden and broiled.,
The mail order bride made a late patch of dill, which is really good chopped finely and mixed with sour cream.
Humous as a side dish.
The lady had a IPA that one of the local breweries made to celebrate their 15 year anniversary.
I had a taste, it was excellent.
So was the rest, being a vegetarian is not necessarily boring.

It most certainly is not. We've moved towards more veggie meals over the last 8 or 10 years. Always were a part of our regular day in and out rotation, but 20 years ago they might have been 25%, now it's more than twice that.

Blame it on the girl, heart of my heart :).

Wish I could cook it that way.

They prefer it fall apart done.

With our beef, thats fine. There is so much intermuscular fat that it is still juicy at that stage. Well....some of the cuts are still lean.

When a roast is lean however....I like it red.
Make au jus and cook it just to rare/med rare and let rest. Those like Katy and Lilly or my dad that prefer med well/ well, slice goes into the hot au jus for a few till done to their liking.

I like beef beyond well done with charred crispy edges :^D One of my favorite things is a bowl of burnt ends from a pit beef stand. Crispy chewy goodness.

It's a Maryland thing...

Although they say rare is the proper way, I get mine well done, and I get it with raw onion, and very heavy plain prepared horseradish, and not the tiger sauce mentioned in wikipedia.

Not sure how it's handled behind the scenes. It's an enormous chunk of beef that's getting cooked, so I assumed they go from the outside in with decreasing levels of doneness as you get in, and the burnt ends I mentioned from the very outside that have spent the most time over the fire. This is all speculation, and may not reflect reality.

Y’all had a beef on weck yet?
@Frankie & @Cobleskill are in the know.
Dead simple to make in the slow cooker for large gatherings. Usually the kids prefer a Kaiser roll and ketchup instead of horseradish.