What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Stephen, I know for sure that you are the better chef...but I also am pretty sure that together we could whip some serious azz against almost any two other cooks one might want to put up against us :D.

nick-of-time-rod-serling2.jpg

Chili rellenos, with another killer salad on the side.

Here you go, Stig...just to make you envious. LARGE and beautiful Haas avocados for 68 cents each :). We're having one or two a day, between tortillas or crackers and cheese for lunch, and the dinner salad.

Um, and also...not sure you can make a decent chili rellenos without eggs. Too bad :evil:.

Now, that did make me envious.
Finding good avocadoes is rare here.

I didn't encounter ripe avocadoes till I went to Israel in -75.
Talk about having an epiphany.

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of egg yolk. I love avocado. I usually just slice it on a plate, sprinkle it with adobo seasoning, and eat it like that.

Zoodles, hot and mild Italian sausage, meatballs minus breadcrumbs so just ground beef and an egg, and a salad with spinach, tomato, and bell peppers.
The zoodles were lightly fried up in the grease left in the pan from the sausage.
Good stuff :)

TIL what a zoodle is :^D

Ever have spaghetti squash? I only had it once, but it might be useful for something like that.

I haven’t tried that yet, I mostly hate squash, unless marinated and grilled. I’ll look into it though.

The last tomatoes from the poly tunnel, succhini, red bell pepper, cauliflower,garlic and onions chopped coarsely, coated with oilve oil , tossed with the kast herbs from the garden and broiled.,
The mail order bride made a late patch of dill, which is really good chopped finely and mixed with sour cream.
Humous as a side dish.
The lady had a IPA that one of the local breweries made to celebrate their 15 year anniversary.
I had a taste, it was excellent.
So was the rest, being a vegetarian is not necessarily boring.

So far, it's gonna be a bag of Brussels sprouts with butter and OldBay. Might just have some chips and hummus or something afterward. Dunno yet...

@stig Did you just pick these tomatoes and what are your temps like this time of year? Just curious because my tomatoes have been done for over a month now