What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
guinnesschocolatemint2.jpg

This is a weird one. I think I like it, but one is the correct number I think. I wouldn't want to drink two in a row. Pretty strong. 10.8% alcohol.

That's kind of the thing. If you take it on it's own terms, it's interesting and kinda good, but if you think you want a beer, it's the wrong thing to grab.

Opened my bottle of Carolans tonight. Carolans and coffee.

Saw this today at the liquor store...

sainte-louise-pale-and-old-brandy-france-11023003.jpg

It's alright. A little sweet and medicinal. Asbach is better at the same price point(~$30), and I think some of the big name cognacs cost about that, and are also better.

r81-800x.jpg

Boss gave me a bottle. Pretty good, but strong at 11.3%. I also got some for him as a jul gift :^D I got an assortment of Belgian beers for him. He seems to like those.

We have a really good seafood restaurant that the wife and i like going to, and i always have a few of those. Very tasty

john-barr-59522-1473644917.jpg

I was looking at cheaper scotches to take a bottle to my mother's house for something to drink. Didn't recognize the brand, but the 1.75L bottle had a paperboard topper that rated it 91 from some kind of competition. I'm pretty sure alcohol awards are bogus. Just about everything wins some kind of award at some point. This one was $23/750ml. It's worth about that. Drinkable neat, but it has an astringent hotness on the tongue. Tastes like they blended a refined whisky with some natty grain to make it suck a little :^D Famous Grouse is only a couple bucks more I think, and would be a much better choice for a cheapie. Kick in another $10, there's numerous choices that are *much* better.

Firehouse Xmas party tonight, and I imbibed more than a few. Sam Adams Winter Lager, Einstock Icelandic Toasted Porter, Flying Dog Kujo Coffee Porter, and a small glass of Dalwhinnie to cap it off. Mmmmm ... Zzzzzzz...

I was drinking cheap today. That John Barr scotch, and E&J VSOP brandy, whatever VSOP means in the context of E&J :^D Both are skating the fine line of "drinkable", but they are indeed drinkable.

61140c3e54f39cefc556ee8b-Barrell-Bourbon-Batch-029-Review-01-p-800.jpg

I got this as a gift from the boss along with a bottle of Basil Hayden. First I've had from this maker. It's pretty tasty, but powerful. I had to add a splash of water.

Had a dry Prosecco a few nights ago that was pretty good. Might get a couple bottles for New Years Eve, need something bubbly anyways :)

One of my jul gifts me...

5971ba0d-fc7f-40fc-8fb7-e3cb530c6807-1000.jpg

A bonus is the cups are enameled steel. It wasn't a factor in my purchase, but enamel cups are more fun than ceramic. The whisky is exceptional of course. One of my favorites for sure.

Back