Tree felling vids

Ha ailanthus don't get that big! And that oak had such little room for error. My computer is playing silly buggers, I have two jobs to edit but it ain't playing ball. I'm thinking of getting a fresh one with more power.

900 is a good deal. I paid about $2500 for my editing system.
I think you would love working with iMovie though if you had a Mac. Not that I have one but use iMovie on my iPhone.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7j9qlNNat4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are they gamers?

Minecraft....very intriguing game.

Cool, Benn...that'll be a mean machine for you. Strap on your seat belt! That thing has JATO's .

FF to 0:35

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VHOvoO-6nWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a little sample of a job we are currently working. All the trees are on the hill behind a house cut into the hill. No equipment access. Neighbor wont let us access from the concrete driveway since who ever installed it and the drainage, screwed it up and it is somewhat undermined. Crane cant reach most of it. Small corridor (6 foot) is all we have to a small landing.
This is Mike with Jason on the Hobbs stripping and topping the next gin pole.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VL5snD75t20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't really tell what August was doing up in that tree if other than tying it off to pull it over. It doesn't seem like it was needed to tie off so high in the sketchy thing.

I can't really tell what August was doing up in that tree if other than tying it off to pull it over. It doesn't seem like it was needed to tie off so high in the sketchy thing.

Someone had to put the camera up there ;)

Looks lie the tree was leaned up into another tree so it wasn;t such a dangerous city-ation
He may have been concerned with it hanging up from interlocked limbs and wanted to have the power to break them if needed... I always prefer to set pull lines by hand when pulling over heavy back leaners except when there is a really good scenario for setting lines from the ground..

Here is an above view of the area the last vid showed looking up into and where we were yarding the material out of.. Watching Mike Gin Pole logs up hill away from the house with Jason on rope. I was removing rigging at the end of the day while they were finishing up the last tree of the day. 7-8 more to go I believe.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjvucgANCY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wanted to be sure I had plenty of power/leverage. Pulled it up to standing and then fell it with face cut and back cut. Hard to tell in the picture but about 40 inch diameter butt. Didn't want to risk damaging the root plates of the trees it was resting against by pulling the upturned stump back opposite the way it had gone. And yes, Daniels right, there was some extrication involved. I would have pulled from even higher but was afraid of breaking the stem off and then having the lower log heavy portion of the tree falling on the RV park that was directly on the underside of it. Because it was not only upturned and resting in 2 tall beanpole cottonwoods that were sharing the load but it was also dead.
And lots more interesting details to that job but have never taken the time to make a video of it.
It's weird falling a stem with a wiggly tooth. In other words pulling hard the opposite way that the stump is going as it settles back in the hole while the hinge wood bends. Believe it or not, it was faced out to the left, to hit that avenue through the berry vines. But the stump settling back into the hole as it tipped changed the gun direction of the hinge. Any place out there was fine, although I hate even a small miss That particular miss to the right made it easier to get our ropes back though.
Ivy was covering the base. Wraptor was awesome. And yes, like Daniel said. I prefer to set the lines by hand so that I don't have sudden load changes. Plus I put a block up there for MA.

The whole story is fun to tell, complete with other tree services bailing out on it after winning the bid and me hoping someone else would win the bid LOL.

Back