Tree felling vids

@Burnham I assume you are referring to Whidbey, and if so, I see what you did there, and yes, you got me…OTOH, looks like a pine, smells like a pine, sticky sap like a pine…must be a pine. :D

Down here we had quite a few nice big Aleppo pines which don’t grow in the shape of most conifers. More of a spread crown which is nice for shade. Most of them are dead from a beetle or something. I had two more traditional long needled conifers in my front yard. Jeffreys maybe. One died, but with much effort and application of various fertilizers and insecticides, I think I have saved the other. Shades my driveway, which is valuable despite the sap and bird poop on my truck.

My neighbor has one of, if not the last of the Aleppos. Awesome tree. I keep an eye on it and will do whatever I can to keep it alive.
B06FFD6C-9251-4CAF-822E-6CB2B64649EA.jpeg

Funny, I thought it was an island.

Confused with Gary, old member, air traffic controller.

btw, nice pic of that Aleppo.
Stolen from Google Maps…I actually need to get some more pics of it and it’s dying lesser brother for the forum’s opinions. The limb hanging over the road to the right looks too heavy to me, like it needs to be lightened.

Back