Tree felling vids

Obviously I've never done anything remotely like what he does but I have climbed barefoot some....it felt like I was gonna get hurt like every second lol.

Aside from the insanity of hanging on with his arms/legs, I was impressed by the work method. Not much wasted movement. He'd cut to leave himself a platform for the next stage, and keep on rolling.

He's not stupid that guy, sectioning that palm over the roof, taking small manageable bits to throw, then bringing the stub down gently...if he'd smashed it there would be nothing left of the roof, palms are heavy!

Watching him use those stubs...geeze you wish Butch were here to chime in on that hey!

The boss would abide because the guy is a badass. In the first video he actually went no stubs so he could do his leg wrap better, and he uses every stub he leaves.

Frig he got close to cutting himself a few times though...one of those cuts pulling the saw one handed towards his belly...faaarrrkk!
Mind you, 'almost never filled the graveyard.'

I like how he cuts from front to back on the 6-10" uprights, then pulls or pushes the piece over to the front, leaving a little tab to break in the back. I never saw that technique before.

We would normally cut back to front... I'll have to try that from the bucket.

Come on don't shake your head just smash open a coconut with your elbow!

Fairly easy on a green coconut.
I've cracked lots of ripe, hard ones with my hand for karate demonstrations.
One of the many useless skills I have.

Last edited:
A bit....he has taken it to a whole 'nother level. This is about as close as I got...

Attachments

• gary - tree 8.jpg
    gary - tree 8.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12
  • gary - tree 10.jpg
    gary - tree 10.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0748 (2).JPG
    IMG_0748 (2).JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0759 (2) (2).JPG
    IMG_0759 (2) (2).JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 11
  • panther climbs 4.jpg
    panther climbs 4.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 12
  • panther climbs 6.jpg
    panther climbs 6.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 13
  • panther climbs 7.jpg
    panther climbs 7.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
See... this is what I love about them boys... it's just them and God. No stupid safety/shmafety. No stupid bureaucracy. Just starvation or success. We in the West need to revert. Our troubles have to do with obesity. Can you imagine MANDATING safety??? But this is what we in the West have descended to. Stinking cowards man. I couldn't dream (even in my prime of youth) of ever coming close to doing what them boys do on the daily, but I definitely know who's more talented. Barbarism hey? Judging by thier articulation, I'd bet it's a fair bet to say that them boys haven't discovered alchohol yet either. Wow! Can you imagine that there are actually people in this world who can actually UNDERSTAND that?... Great Scott! What in the world? Oh, for a translation!!

Chill, Jed. You may not be drunk just now, but what you're posting might be making that case...which if is not the case, is striking me as even more sad, if you are actually sober.

People who don't have the wealth we western societies have, just have to do what it takes to survive. For every one of the specially talented folk who can perform at the level shown in these vids, there are undoubtedly many thousands who get crippled up for life, or die trying.

Luv ya, my brother...but you do tax my patience from time to time :).

Last edited:
B has a good point. I have seen some horrific videos of very dumb and deadly stuff that 3rd world folks do without safety gear. My martial arts teacher was a boy soldier in WW2 in Burma. He and other teenagers were sent out to find and (try to) rescue downed pilots. He has a few harrowing stories of pilots they found in trees in their chute harnesses. They had usually no safety gear and had to make up how to get the often dead flyers down. He has seen how I do tree work. And he lamented the fact that he wished he had my gear in the 40's when they were trying to save young men that were shattered and dying in tree tops. He would get pretty sad and somber remembering the ones they couldn't save.

Chill, Jed. You may not be drunk just now, but what you're posting might be making that case...which if is not the case, is striking me as even more sad, if you are actually sober.

The same can be said about you, B. Your evening posts often appear to be the products of a buzzed mind

I have no idea nor do I care about Jed's blood level alcohol, I'm just sensing some serious hypocrisy.

Last edited:
B has a good point. I have seen some horrific videos of very dumb and deadly stuff that 3rd world folks do without safety gear. My martial arts teacher was a boy soldier in WW2 in Burma. He and other teenagers were sent out to find and (try to) rescue downed pilots. He has a few harrowing stories of pilots they found in trees in their chute harnesses. They had usually no safety gear and had to make up how to get the often dead flyers down. He has seen how I do tree work. And he lamented the fact that he wished he had my gear in the 40's when they were trying to save young men that were shattered and dying in tree tops. He would get pretty sad and somber remembering the ones they couldn't save.
That's heavy stuff bro... These are the wounds men carry. Sometimes the only thing to do is cry.

Back