Tree felling vids

Agree! I only get up at 4AM if I need to go potty and don't think I can make it another 3 hours....that is after laying there a few minutes and monitoring turgor pressure and cross-referencing it with perceived bladder expansion still available...a rough science but fairly accurate. :D

Back in the day, whenever I had a day off from tree-work, sleeping until 10 was my go to.

But the past couple years or so, I often wake up around 3ish and if there's stuff to do (paperwork and emails are a biggie) I get up no problem and do stuff. If I don't get up then, I'll mostly toss and turn till 5 or 5.30.

If I slaved hard the day before and didn't go to bed early, I can sleep to 6 no problem

I wake up most mornings at 3. Go for a piss, get back into bed and then spend the rest of the night tormented, worrying about stuff that isn’t really worth worrying about.

The less I do, the more I sleep. If I really busted my ass during the day, I might go to bed a little early, but then I'll wake up at 3am or something, and be wired out, and can't get back to sleep. I was up at 5am today. That's a pretty good time. I like mornings, so I can get up and enjoy it before the other humans have ruined everything. 7am is kinda late for me, and 8am is extraordinarily late, and very rare.

Reactions: Jed
I think it is clearly a working man/old guy thing. Plus, I suspect clean eating helps at least in my case.

Mik, your post was a typical fine observation of human nature. Get up instead of worrying! I've always tried to be 'battle ready' re work as well as life in general but lately, I guess especially during the last 8 months of crazed Covid-induced huge biz volume, I may have taken it to the next level and so making sure every last detail re work is tended to is a big deal and takes up a lot of time and effort. Lol, but come Monday at 7am, about 50% of the time, I find some little tiny thing I overlooked, waaaa!

Mick

I had to read that a couple of times and then it got through to me that by pissed you meant that you hope he was drunk. At least I think. Over here pissed typically means angry, as in pissed off.

pissed
/pist/
Learn to pronounce
adjectiveVULGAR SLANG
very annoyed; angry.
BRITISH
drunk.

Would probably translate to 'that is some embarrassing shit' if....

I'm remain firmly in the "Jed is the Man" camp, though I wish he would tie in twice cuz 2 is one, one is none

I think it is clearly a working man/old guy thing.

Doh! I just remembered Gary is an 'old guy' and obviously a working man. Its just hard to remember he's old cuz of the stuff he does and way he looks :drink:

That's what happens when you get old... Moved from the *wrong* thread...

Yup, pretty sure I'm older than Gary, even though I think he's gone at least ten more times around the sun than I have :^D

Back