Tree felling vids

Great story...when things go south for you they go WAY south. Truck crushed, caught on fire, have to rip the hood off.

I liked this part..." the impact broke the hinges. Kind of handy."...making the best of it anyway, finding some good in the bad.:lol:

The good part was some guy seen my smashed scout parked in the driveway and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I actually made some money out of it.

Amazing the way things work out.

Thanks for the yarn Jer.

Willie: Very well done. Where was that pig. Hey, btw, where was the "Dead Doug Fir" in the other vid. (The one that you had the jack in.) Another really good shot.

Lake of the woods on most of the big ones. That pondo was near Rocky Point resort. West shore of Klamath lake

Aha! Man, I never made it up there. What an ass I was not to have gotten out more when I was working for Clarence. You know how it is: Go to work, Hang with the fam. Go to work, Hang with the fam. Etc, Etc, Etc. Who but the lucky, if lonely bachelors wld have it any other way?

Heres a couple from today...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3U1f9nOHets?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3U1f9nOHets?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Watch in HD

Sure ill get ripped a new one by someone on 'ere :0 :/:

Gotta love the log truck for feeding the chipper not to mention grabbing logs.

Why did you use a biner on the pull ropes instead of just a running bowline?

Nice job!

Cheers Cory, the log truck saves a hella lotta ass! Had two loads of wood from this site, and 5 loads of chip.

Using a biner (steel) is just a 2 second time saver....??? Those 2 seconds add up to alot over a day..... hehehehehehe ;)

Cheers Cory, the log truck saves a hella lotta ass! Had two loads of wood from this site, and 5 loads of chip.

Using a biner (steel) is just a 2 second time saver....??? Those 2 seconds add up to alot over a day..... hehehehehehe ;)

Its not so much a time saver for the climber or person setting the line, but it sure saves time for the groundie or person removing it, especially if they are not too familiar with knots and it gets tight during the pulling or rigging operation.

Back