The RIP Thread...

Sorry to hear that Paul.
Loss is on many levels, and reminds us of our own mortality, especially when it is a close family member.

Hank was the real deal...great guy and a trail blazer and superb athlete. When the Atlanta stadium was being named here a big important person was Ted Turner (as in founder of CNN). He was already very famous and rich. When they named the stadium Hank Aaron Stadium was the favored name for the stadium but Ted Turner got to choose and he wanted it named for himself...it was called Turner Stadium. A totally dick move by Ted Turner. That was when I realized what a self-absorbed prick he was. This is from Wikipedia:

"The most popular name choice among Atlanta residents for the new stadium at the time of its construction (according to a poll in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution) was Hank Aaron Stadium.[9] After the ballpark was instead named after Ted Turner (and subsequently nicknamed "The Ted" by fans), the city of Atlanta renamed the section of Capitol Avenue on which the stadium sits Hank Aaron Drive, giving Turner Field the street number 755, after Aaron's home run total. "

Dr. Robert P. Adams,

The world’s foremost authority on Juniperus.
His CV: https://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/30641.pd

I had not been aware that he had died until his wife offered some seriously great books on a book swap we are both members of!

She sent a message explaining from where the books came. I replied with a message of gratitude for her generosity.

45742651-80B4-492E-889B-FBAA9176F643.jpeg

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Kilimanjaro is on my bucket list too, lol!

Hmm, not quite ready though to add "Solo Kayak The Atlantic":\:;)

Kayaking across the Atlantic was something I was interested in. I semi seriously looked into it, but lost interest when I found it had already been done.

Not to cast shade on The House, but it doesn't have the cachet of being the first anywhere :^D I doubt it would have happened regardless, but it's a cool thing to do. I also wanted to run Great Falls in my canoe by the time I hit 30. That had already been done, but it's still cool. Got out of paddling when my daughter was born. Wanted to spend time with her rather than traveling on weekends. Oh well. Ya can't do everything. My big accomplishment these days is washing dishes :^D

Back