The Official Work Pictures Thread

Got into some nice 4-5 foot sticks near the road and lines. Wedged over a few and had to chunk one down. All You safety-minded folks will notice I'm wearing a bandana under my Super-Duty Safety Cap for a second layer of protection! Thanks to my neighbor Ognjen for the cool pics! thumb__DSF8230_1024 2.jpg thumb__DSF8218_1024 2.jpg thumb__DSF8234_1024.jpg thumb__DSF8244_1024.jpg thumb__DSF8245_1024.jpg thumb__DSF8248_1024.jpg

Attachments

• thumb__DSF8263_1024.jpg
    thumb__DSF8263_1024.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0258-2.jpg
    IMG_0258-2.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 74
Nice orange saws. Love those orange saws. Too bad the new ones aren't as good any more. They ruined the newer 372 but I love my 395 and older 372s.

I run a Madsen's hot rodded 395XP with a 42"-48" bar, and a 3120 for my bigger saw needs. I use a 550XP with and 18" bar for climbing duties, and a 562XP with a 28" bar for a mid-size chunking saw. All of em' kick ass. I have been, and will always be a Husky man! Also want to give a shout out to the TreeMotion S. Light. After climbing in the same old floating-dee saddle for 25 years, I went on a new saddle quest last year. Tried the Matt Cornell, regular TreeMotion, Onyx, Monkey Beaver, and Ergo, but the S. Light beat them all. I am amazed how comfy and light this thing is once dialed in. I had a 395Xp hanging off me for 3 hours recently and could of keep on going! Stunning saddle!!!

Most of mine aren't stock, either. A guy with the screen name Timberwolf (Brian) modded my last couple, but that's been several years ago. He still has some videos on YouTube but quit responding to emails long ago.

Nice pics Rico. Redwoods are such a cool looking tree.

You're old school in many ways but you're rocking the false crotch friction saver, homemade I think?

Interesting saddle review.

Yeah, new 372s suck but the 576s are pretty solid.

I am definitely old school, but have incorporated some new gear and techniques to make climbing easier on my aging body. Access to the top of big trees is so much easier than it was 30-40 years ago. With some of these new tools it feels like cheating sometimes, but I think working into my 70's is a real possibility!

Ha, I was going to say, check Rico and his cap, but hey the brother is climbing in a TreeMotion!!!

Quick edit of a few clips a friend took on his iPhone.

The job is off the HC repollard we did last week. Not the largest tree by any means, but the crane made things super easy due to the access and buildings surrounding the base.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SQf4zLuyd7w?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Dont ya love it when they do construction first and take the tree down after?!?
This winter, I saw the opposite.
Not far from my home, a climber came to take down a nice London plane in a backyard. I knew that this tree would be in trouble one day or an other from its size, the house close by and the available area. So it went.
But just a week after that, a big excavator came in the yard and wrecked the house !:?

Yeah... I love seeing treework in Eourope for some undefinable reason. Thanks Rich.

Sean: Not playing the skeptic... seriously, but just wondering: is the Acer trouble anything that you've seen first-hand evidence of? I don't know that I have.

Rico: Man yer puttin me to shame with yer stumpmanship, brother. Yer a better cutter... I'm not kiddn ya!

Coupla Sequoias today.

So here's one I did after marking my corners...

unnamed-1408.jpg

.....and.... here's the one I did without marken em, :|:...

unnamed-1406.jpg

Carlos posing with the prettier of the two.

unnamed-1407.jpg unnamed-1405.jpg

Man these things are pigs... probly only 90' tall, but every inch of 4' on the stump... then 6' on the Flushy!

unnamed-1404.jpg

I hated the few of those off site redwoods/sequoias I had to take on in my FS work. Short, wide, fat buggers all open grown. Hard to get to commit to the face, they fought me all the way. I used a much deeper than normal face, like 50% or even a smidge more, and a lot of wedges, to ease them into my desired direction.

Jed, Maple dieback is really bad around Packwood, Wa, for one example. State DNR has been studying it for years in conjunction with USFS.

Jed, Rico, those trees are beasts and so are you guys. Great looking work. Rico, you're one tough dude, I get sawdust in my eyes just looking at the pictures8)

Back