The Official Work Pictures Thread

Oh, my goodness, man! That was just SO stinkin cool!

Say, Rico... Your conventional, diagonal cuts seem to meet-up SO perfectly with the horizontal... I was just wondering... Do you ever pulse-out (clean-out) all of the saw chips from the horizontal so that you can just "sight" down the guide-bar through the horizontal cut, so that the far corner will match-up, or do you just cut by feel? Thanks.

Insane perfection, sir. Gotta love that nice little gap at the back of the hinge too, btw. ;)

Ray: Thaks so much.

Burnham: Yeah, you run outa wedges pretty quick in those pigs. :lol:

Sean: Wow, that's weird. Super interesting, but weird too. Wonder what it's all about??

Rico, in the picture where you are making the back cut it looks like there is a kerf a few inches above your hinge. Any reason behind this?

Rico, in the picture where you are making the back cut it looks like there is a kerf a few inches above your hinge. Any reason behind this?
Nope, I just happen to stick my saw there before setting up. Thanks Sgriff. Turns out one of my neighbors is a serious photographer. I have a few pretty large removals this summer, and we are gonna try and get some cool pics and videos.

I just wanted to sing the praises of the APTA from treestuff. Been using it for over a year and it continues to amaze. I am deadwooding a big Fir and Redwood tomorrow, so I set some lines this morning. Set my lines at about 200ft, both on the first shot! This thing has had a bigger impact on my work than any other tool in the shed. Couldn't live without it!

Thanks guys! Jed, I am a feel guy. I do have a set-up and routine, kinda like golfer setting up for a shot.

Figured as much... Me...I gotta sight down everything like a sniper holding his breath, or I'm cleaning out a Dutchy every stinkin time.

Super skinny but tall, little Rigor Mortis Fir today, and it hung way out toward the street. Ya know that feelin where yer like, "Man, I should go up higher to be 100%." But then a second later yer spur sinks way too deep, and yer like, "What am I sayin... I'm PLENTY high enough." :|:

unnamed-1411.jpg unnamed-1410.jpg

In My Humble Opinion, back-cut-first in this pig woulda been a bad idea. Man, i WANTED to too... had a nice little shot fer this pig. Don't know if you can see this wood, though... really only HAD wood on the compression side of the hinge... coupla splinters here and there. unnamed-1409.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg
My latest headache to deal with. 30' wide court ordered easement. Someone sold some landlocked property. I will be kind and say the bitch that owns both sides calls the police every time a leaf falls on the parking lot. We had a zone setup on the road and she drove through the cones to yell at one of the guys. If it wasn't for the Sena units I would've hit her with the excavator. It escalated when I called the police on her for entering a legal and state permitted construction zone. :X.

Jed, that thing looked pretty crispy!

Rich, you're a better man than I. For me, some jobs simply are not worth the money.

Edit: Stephen, you stole my descriptive adjective! And now I can't think of anything better.

Figured as much... Me...I gotta sight down everything like a sniper holding his breath, or I'm cleaning out a Dutchy every stinkin time.

Super skinny but tall, little Rigor Mortis Fir today, and it hung way out toward the street. Ya know that feelin where yer like, "Man, I should go up higher to be 100%." But then a second later yer spur sinks way too deep, and yer like, "What am I sayin... I'm PLENTY high enough." :|:

View attachment 80103View attachment 80104

In My Humble Opinion, back-cut-first in this pig woulda been a bad idea. Man, i WANTED to too... had a nice little shot fer this pig. Don't know if you can see this wood, though... really only HAD wood on the compression side of the hinge... coupla splinters here and there. View attachment 80105

Love your posts Jed and the wording you use!!...gives me a chuckle :lol:

I know that feeling well Jed. Fug it, it'll fit! The job I'm on was not my choice. I said walk away when I heard who it was for. 3 other reputable companies said no and anther quoted $125k for the week. Basically said NO. I can say my boss is an idiot but he has a lot more money than I do so he must be doing something (not much but) right.
Got good news today also. One said I will be making payments for a new to me truck after tomorrow and another gives me the go ahead to bid against my boss if I decide to leave and do my own thing. My foot is in the door with the right people, kicking yet another waterfowl into a linear fashion.

I admire the way your are strategically pulling your plan together...herding those quackers into a manageable formation is impressive.

Congrats on the truck.

Back