The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mind it was Cottonwood, but the chipper didn't miss a step all day., barely bogged down. Add in the grapple and the winch = money maker.

Justin, It was awesome to watch and not have a care in the world!

Haha, yep! I haven't done that type of work in years or so, it's quite the ordeal, I don't miss it much.

Yeah, after seeing that it looks like the only way to go. Those guys hardly broke a sweat all day.

It was interesting to watch the kboom work, I'd never seen that before either.

Couple of Douglas in a garden, went well except the spool valve went on the saw mill guys loader.

29 degrees. Hotting up.

Attachments

• IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 45
Decent day. Got 10 of 21 trees out of this back yard. Not tight but tight enough keeping them in the property lines and not damaging the few trees that are being left. Took a pic of each one just because.
IMG_1673.jpg IMG_1674.jpg IMG_1675.jpg IMG_1676.jpg IMG_1677.jpg
I used the one that slid back to make sure the young one understood why I tell him to get away from the tree when it's tipping

IMG_1678.jpg IMG_1679.jpg IMG_1680.jpg IMG_1681.jpg IMG_1682.jpg
That's all ten. Some were floppers, some took a bit of pounding, and most took a rope just to make sure I wouldn't look foolish if they missed the lay. Pics don't show it well but it's a pretty good grade and they really walk out of the back door into a steep bank.

Excellent pics!

I'd love to see some pics of that monster chipper getting stuffed with gigantic tops :drink:

Cool shots.

I was thinking wow that one really came back aways and then it was awesome to read that the whole thing had been foreseen and used as a teachable moment.

Nice Pics!

Here's my meager stump. It was a dead myoporum tree that took a couple hours to erase.
I was gonna grind it, but just kept finding utilities....so we had to hand dig it for two hours.

Quite the antithesis of Levi's Iron Pics.
7d7ef767c8e682eba94d561e10b0807f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep. Caught a taller tree and jumped back. I was making room for the struck tree to be felled. The oak would have most likely blasted through that maple but it was on the downhill side. I took the least risk in that situation I feel. Also any tossed limbs would be going away from the house. I did a lot of explaining today. Took a decent side leaner and showed how to quarter cut ( hope I'm using the right word). Cut the compression side first and bang in wedges, then cut the tension side. Made sense to me and it worked like a charm.

Back